Chapter 11

"WHAT?!?!" Paul and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Eleanor. Who is your mother. What is her name." Paul looked very annoyed, stressed, frustrated, words can't even describe how surprised he was.

"Uh...J-Jennifer Carson" I stuttered.

Right then and there, Paul gasped and immediately turned pale.

"Paul? Is there something that you aren't telling us?" Megan walked up to him. "Paul?"

"Get in the car. I'll explain on the way" he said as he pulled out his phone, furiously typing on the little black keyboard.

"But Paul, we need to-" Louis began.

"Get...in...the...car..." Paul was overworked. Overwhelmed. I was overwhelmed.

Paul?! Out of all people, Paul Higgins was my father. How come no one ever told me that I wasn't a Calder?

"Eleanor Higgins" I whispered under my breath, and rolled my eyes at the thought. Yeah, I love Paul and all, but he just doesn't seem...like he could be my father.

"Okay. Paul, tell us everything" Louis said as he slammed the car door shut.

Paul took a deep breath and slowly let it all out. "Okay. I was married. A very long time ago. To....Jennifer Carson." everyone gasped. "We weren't even married for very long. She hasn't gotten married since...and when I left her...I didn't know..." Paul's eyes were watering as much as mine were.

"And she had me." I finished his sentence.

"Y-yes. And I guess she gave you up for adoption. I don't know...I'm just so..." Paul stared out the wind shield driving. The tears threatened to spill over my eyes and they finally did.

"OH MY GOSH. Eleanor! We forgot to give you your 'we're happy you're out of the hospital' gift!" Louis cracked a little smile on his face.

"No, Louis, that's fine. I'm not in the mood for any gifts right now." I stared out the window pane until I felt something thrown on my lap. "You sure?" He smiled and nodded his head.

I tore the wrapping paper off of the little rectangular box. "Oh my gosh Louis! Thank you so much!" I hugged him and looked at my gift, the new iPhone 4S.

"No worries, Hun! We contacted the store and they transferred over all of your contacts and music and things like that."

"Louis...that is so nice! Thank you so much." I little smile cracked on my face as well. I rested my head on the window, slowly drifting off until I feel the familiar vibrating in my back pocket. I unlocked my phone only to find that it was a text from Louis:

Hey El! I'm srry bout ur day.

No, it's okay. Where are we going anyways?

I replied to him.

No clue, I guess we'll see :)

I set my phone back on my lap as we pulled into the driveway of a house. I noticed that it was only one storied. As we walked up to the door of the housed, I noticed a strange collection of wind chimes. It immediately reminded me of my poor mum. She adored wind chimes. Paul knocked on the dirty white door until a lady opened the door. She was strangely familiar... until I realized...

This lady was my mom.

**********************************************************************************

A/N

WHOA! Her long lost mother who had disappeared. Waddya think?(; I absolutely love getting comments from you guys! It makes my day! I will try to upload the next chapter sooner. PLEASE vote and leave more comments it TOTALLY makes my day! And I am also super thankful for the tremendous amount of reads that I have been getting! It's really nothing compared to some people's reads, but it's a lot for me <3 (: and oh my gosh I am super sorry for such a short chapter. Wow. :(

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Lostinparadise25. I met her on watt pad, and we just kinda kiked and talked and now I feel really close to her, like I know her in person(: so if you're reading this Summer, I LUFF YOU!!! :D