seventeen

It was the day before Penny and Peter had to present their Bio project and the nerves were definitely building up.

They decided to not hang out because it would only increase the nervous pits that were in both of their stomachs. Peter walked towards his apartment building noticing that a sophisticated looking Audi was parked a couple feet away from him.

He went into the elevator and rode the whole way up, trying to figure out what type of voice to use during his presentation. Normal? Manly? Sexy? No, absolutely not. Just regular Peter voice, he supposed.

He got off on his floor and unlocked his door saying, "Hey, May."

He heard her chatting with someone in the living room before replying, "Hey. How was school today?"

Peter walked towards his aunt, "Okay. There's this crazy car parked outside..." He trailed off as he saw Tony Stark sitting on his couch.

"Oh, Mr. Parker," Tony said while sipping what Peter presumed to be tea.

"Um... What- What are you doing...? Hey! Uh, I'm-I'm-I'm Peter," He said confused because why the flip is Iron Man in his apartment right now?

"Tony."

"What are... What are you - What are you - What are you doing here?" He continued to stutter, still baffled.

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my e-mails, right?" Tony asked while winking his eyes, clearly indicating that Peter needed to follow his lead.

"Yeah. Yeah," Peter replied, still slightly confused. "Regarding the..."

"You didn't tell me about the grant!" May exclaimed, causing Peter to quickly come up with a new ploy to use for his lie.

"About the grant," Peter picked up right where he left off.

"The September Foundation," Tony then added, helping the lie run smoothly.

"Right," Peter said, assuring himself more than anyone else.

"Yeah. Remember when you applied?" Tony said shooting him a look that read, don't screw this up kid.

"Yeah."

"I approved, so now we're in business."

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" May asked happily, but also confused. Peter's eyes widened at the mention of secrets.

"Why, I just, I just... I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know... wh... Anyway, what did I apply for?" He directed towards Tony, trying to get as much information as possible because he was still in the dark.

"That's what I'm here to hash out," Tony replied taking a bite of May's walnut date loaf bread.

"Okay. Hash, hash out, okay," Peter breathed out.

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someones aunt," Tony said referencing May. Peter's eyebrow furrowed.

"Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?" May replied, shaking her head slightly at Tony.

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional," He said. Peter looked shocked, May's bread was awful so something had to be off.

"Let me just stop you there," He said, not liking that Iron Man was flirting with his aunt.

"Yeah?" Tony asked, slightly intrigued.

"Is this grant, got like, money involved or whatever? No?" Peter asked using his hands while he spoke.