twenty four

Penny was gripping the arm rests of her chair so hard her knuckles were turning white. The room was spinning, she had no idea how to process the information.

"So what you're telling me," She started, through slightly gritted teeth, "Is that you two have been engaged for six months, and have secretly been planning a wedding that is taking place on June 15th? So you can honeymoon when school gets out? That's what you're telling me?"

William and Sara shared a nervous glance, "Yes...," They said in unison. Penny stood up and walked to her bedroom without saying a word. She opened her window and sat down on the fire escape.

It's not that she was angry they were getting married, she was just upset that they kept the whole thing hidden from her. They had kept a pretty massive secret, especially one that involved all 4 of them.

Of course Penny loved Sara and wanted her father to find a new love after her mom died but, she couldn't help but feel slightly saddened that they didn't think they could trust her with the information.

Penny ran her fingers through her hair, mulling the situation over. How would she have time to prepare everything? She needed a dress and shoes, she needed to find someone to do her hair and makeup. She needed to write the most amazing speeches, that would blow everyone away. She would need to find someone to escort her down the aisle before Sara came out.

And she had a month to do it all.

Penny sighed and stood up, grabbing the slim pole that connected the top fire escape to hers. She used it to boost herself up, balancing on the railing. She had done this hundreds of times, the railing was thick enough to support her weight. Not once had she ever slipped, or almost fell.

But, seeing a 15 year old girl balancing on railing from far away and not knowing the circumstances, would be enough to cause anyone concern. And that's exactly what happened to a certain web slinger.

He was patrolling the neighborhood when he saw a girl stand up on the fire escape, looking like she was about to jump.

"Wait!" Peter called out, immediately swinging towards the building. "Don't jump! It's not worth it! There are people who care about you!" He shouted, landing on a roof across the street. He saw that the girl was Penny, and immediately started to get even more worried.

She seemed fine earlier, why was she about to do this? Wasn't she happy with Michelle and her family? How could such a happy girl want to end it all?

"What are you smoking, crack? I'm not about to jump, Spider-dingus. I'm just thinking," Penny retorted, leaning against the pole.

Peter let out a sigh of relief, "Penny, you gave me a heart attack. I'm so happy that you're okay," He paused, "You are okay, right?"

Penny sighed and sat down on the railing, causing Peter to flinch slightly. "Well, my dad and his girlfriend are in engaged."

Peter frowned under his mask, "I thought you liked his girlfriend?" He asked, more than stated. He could have sworn Penny liked Sara.

"Oh I love her, she's my second mom. But, the thing is, they've been engaged for six months and just told me now. And the wedding is in a month. It's just a lot to process," She informed him, swinging her legs slightly.

The mask's eyes widened, causing Penny to let out a laugh. "That's uh, that's pretty crazy. Are you happy?"

"Of course I'm happy, I've been asking about when the wedding day would be the first time I met Sara. It just hurts that they've been lying to me this whole time," Penny answered before muttering under her breath, "That's all anyone seems to do lately."