nineteen

When Penny got to school the next day, she had history first period with Michelle. She needed to confide in her about Peter's lies, because she knew that Michelle would keep her secret.

She rushed to get to the classroom and saw Michelle already in her seat. Penny quickly sat down and took Michelle's phone out of her hand.

"Hey!" She cried out, Penny rolled her eyes.

"Look, I need to talk to you. And you can't repeat a word of this to literally anyone," Penny said seriously.

"Course man, you know me," Michelle said listening intently.

"Okay, Peter is lying about how he got his black eye," Michelle's eyes widened. "I know. He told me in algebra that he got it by being mugged, but told you guys he tripped and fell. And I don't know why it upset me as much as it did, but that's the reason I was so sick yesterday. He was so just, okay with completely lying to us. And knowing that I knew but he didn't know I knew was enough to make me puke, I guess," Penny explained, getting everything off her chest.

Michelle sat for a second, processing the information. "So what you're saying is..."

"I think Peter might be in some sort of gang."

"Okay, but. You're talking about Peter. Peter Parker. How the hell would he get into some sort of gang? Hell, how would he even survive in some sort of gang?" Michelle asked, rubbing her temples.

"I don't know, I don't know. But all I do know is he's lying to us, and it's literally eating away at me," Penny sighed, still hating that she was this effected.

"Why is it eating away at you?"

Penny wouldn't meet Michelle's eyes. Of course they were best friends and no matter what Michelle would support Penny, but she couldn't bring herself to say it.

"Penny, is it eating away at you, because you like Peter? Like more than a friend?" Michelle asked sincerely, not a trace of her normal sarcasm in her voice. Penny slowly nodded her head, still not meeting her eyes.

"Then you need to talk to him. I can't have Parkollins sink on me now," Michelle cracked a smile. Penny lifted her head, surprised by her best friends words.

"You mean...?"

"That I not only support your crush, but ship you guys? Um duh, of course I do. What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't?" Michelle said while pulling Penny into a hug.

"I love you so much, MJ," Penny used her nickname for Michelle. She typically only used it when they were alone, and exclusively Penny and her family called her MJ. It was reserved for close friends and family.

"Yeah, I love me too," She teased. Penny pulled away and hit her on the arm.

"So what about you and Ned, huh? You guys are pretty close, like when me and Peter talk you guys always talk," Penny said while waggling her eyebrows suggestively. Michelle just let out a loud snort.

"Penny, Ned's gay," Michelle said with a straight face, which was quite ironic given the sentence she just said.

"What?" Penny asked shocked.

"Have you even heard what he says about superheroes and Spiderman? The guy has more of a crush on Thor than we do, and that's saying something," Michelle continued.

"Wait, did he tell you?" Penny was still surprised, but was slowly starting to understand.

"Yeah, actually. He told me about a month ago. He hasn't even told Peter yet, but I think Peter's too dumb to notice on his own. He's actually really scared to tell him, although he shouldn't be."