twenty two

A week after what Peter called the Bio disaster, Penny sighed as she sat in the middle of Central Park. She had her camera around her neck and was making sure to get photos of the different events that were going on. She was looking above the trees hoping to spot a familiar blur of red and blue because Mr. Jameson had required more pictures of him.

It had been almost a month since he got his brand new suit, the spandex making not only Spiderman look more professional, but also Penny's photos. It had also been a month since Penny started to ignore Peter for lying to her. But she had not considered the two to be connected, because even though they lived in a world with Hulk's and aliens, that would be too crazy to even consider.

Suddenly she heard a scream of terror and a then a whoosh, Penny quickly stood up and ran after the sound. She exited the park and saw Spiderman talking to a middle aged man who was clutching his heart.

Penny snapped a photo and then made her way over when the man had left. She walked up behind him and said, "Hey Spidey."

Peter let out a shout turning around and webbing the person who scared him up. He realized it was Penny and immediately began spouting out apologies.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. You really just snuck up on me. Are you okay?" He asked, almost forgetting the fact that they were in a fight.

Penny laughed slightly, "Other than the fact that I feel like a Caterpillar wrapped in a cocoon, I'm all good."

Peter smiled under his mask, but then stopped. He remembered what Penny had said and immediately started to back up.

"I- I have business elsewhere, you know how crime is," Peter's spider eyes narrowed as she stared back at him.

"Can you, um, at least get me out of this webbing?" Penny asked, arms still bound to her side.

"Oh, yeah um. Sorry, my bad," Spiderman said as he stepped forward and ripped the webbing off with his hands.

"Would it be too much to ask if I got a photo?" She asked when her arms were free, a hopeful look on her face.

"I don't know, would it?" Peter snapped back before he could stop himself. He cringed when it slipped out, it was becoming increasingly harder to keep Peter and Spiderman separate.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize," Penny said feeling her face heat up. She stood there awkwardly, dying of embarrassment.

"No! No, that was my bad. It's just, I've been having a bad day. I shouldn't have taken it out on you, I'm sorry," Spiderman apologized. He felt even worse knowing that he almost blew another friendship with Penny, again.

"Haha, okay," Penny laughed awkwardly, unsure of what to do, "I'll be going then." She turned around to walk away.

How was it that all her friendships were falling apart? She sniffled her nose and took her camera in her hands. It seemed that photography was all she had left.

Now of course Penny had Michelle and her family, but she liked being dramatic. So she walked even further from Spiderman and walked back to where she was originally in the park. At least she got the photo of him and that man.

Peter had his face in his hands, seriously debating whether or not he should go after Penny. His spidey senses weren't picking up any distress signals, but that doesn't mean he could drop everything for her.

It also was stressing him out because they were technically in the middle of a fight. Talking to her as Spiderman was abusing his power, it wouldn't be right. It was the classic head versus heart debate, and he had no idea which to choose.