thirty three

Penny sprinted back to her house as soon as she was finished with her finals for the day. She grabbed her pre-made bag of clothes and rushed outside where Michelle's mother was waiting for her.

"So what time does it start?" Michelle's mom asked, while pulling away from the car.

"Well the actual ceremony doesn't start until 5:45, but then the reception starts at 6:30 and goes to about 10-11. Of course you can leave before that if you need because it is a Tuesday, but I think the timing of it all is good," Penny answered, rifling through her bag, double checking she had absolutely everything.

The three of them fell into a comfortable silence, listening to the radio as they weaved through the New York traffic. Penny checked her phone and saw that it was 2:17. There was about three and a half hours to get ready.

Michelle's mom dropped them off at the chapel, and they made their way to where everyone was getting ready.

"Sara, omg, you look absolutely beautiful," Penny said sarcastically as she walked in the door and saw her with a chunky avocado mask on her face.

"Watch yourself, Pen. I'll scoop this off and chuck it at you," Sara retorted, her eyes still closed.

Everyone laughed as Penny faked offense. Michelle shook her head at the two of them, a smile evident on her face.

"Alright, alright. Let's get into our dresses, so I can start our makeup. This is gonna take a while," Penny said, gearing up for the next few hours.

They quickly got changed into their dresses, holding off from the shoes for now, and Michelle sat down in the chair letting Penny work her magic.

"MJ close your eyes," Penny instructed as she started to do her eyeshadow. Michelle complied, flinching slightly when a brush hit her eyelid.

"This makeup stuff sucks," She huffed, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, it does, but bro when I tell you that you look like a radiant goddess, oh man. Like hot damn," Penny praised her best friend, Michelle slightly blushing.

"Shut up. That just makes me sound like a hideous monster when I don't wear makeup," Michelle tried to be serious, but failed miserably.

"I thought that was the look you wanted?" Penny teased, earning a jab to her ribs. "Hey!"

Michelle smugly smirked as her makeup was finished up. "Alright, while you work on your makeup, I can do my hair. And then we'll be finished around the same time and I can do yours. How do you want it? Straight? Curly?"

Penny scrunched up her face as she thought about it, "Hm, can you do like, beachy waves?"

Michelle nodded her head and they both went back to work. About half an hour later they both finished, and quickly started on Penny's hair.

"Alright ladies! We have an hour till Sara walks! Let's get this wrapped up!" One of Sara's other bridesmaids called out, walking around the room.

"I actually can't contain my nerves, and I'm not the one getting married," Penny breathed out, scalp tingling from the heat of the curling iron.

"Is it bad I lowkey want to get this over with, I'm just tired of perfecting everything," Michelle sighed, wrapping the final strand of hair around the wand.

"No, I'm getting antsy too," Penny agreed, straightening her back to make it easier.

Five minutes later and they were both done, as were all the other bridesmaids. The only one getting final touch ups was Sara herself. They slid on their heels and started walking around in them, to try and break them in even further.