23.

I woke up in the middle of the night, bacause I had a nightmare. I sat up straight realising that I had something, better someone next to me. I turned around seeing Ryan who slept right next to me. We probably fell asleep when the movie had ended.

I need water. My throat was dry and I was even sweating a bit.
I turned to my side, wanting to grab the water bottle I always had next to me, but where was it?

I narrowed my eyes and looked on the ground. It also wasn't there. Then I looked at Ryan's side. The bottle stood on a little table next to Ryan's side.

Great.

There are three options without waking Ryan up.

-I could try go around the bed (noises are too loud probably)

-I could try to climb over Ryan (if I'm fast he probably won't wake up)

-or I could just ignore my dry throat and try to sleep again

I carefully tried to stretch my legs out of the bed, already hearing the bed crack, making Ryan groan in his sleep. Damn, he has a light sleep.

I closed my eyes and stood up hearing the bed crack horrible. I never noticed this before, but I really have to take a look at it. Maybe something's broken?

I made my way over to the little table where the bottle of water stood, but before I could grab it Ryan turned around facing me, still asleep. I took a deep breath and grabbed the bottle, lifting it, causing it to hit the lamp.

Ryan groaned and opened his eyes.

"What are you doing?", He mumbled.

"I-I wanted t-to d-drink s-something", I answered, "a-and i-i d'didnt want t-to w-wake y-you up."

"Uhu", He said sitting up now.

"A-arent y-you t-tired?", I asked confused about the fact that he just sat up instead of going to sleep again.

"Not really actually. You also seem to be pretty awake", he chuckled.

I nod and took a sip out of the bottle before slipping under the bed sheets again.

"Richard and my mum are actually home", Ryan admitted.

"Wh-what?"

"They're fighting, it's horrible. The only think they do is scream and yell at each other, I just wanted to get away from that for a day. Sorry for lying to you."

"Oh, I-Im s-sorry, i-its o-ok. J-just out o-of c-curiosity, why d-didnt y-you g-go t-to your father?", I asked.

"I wanted to spend time with you", he chuckled, "I trust you, I feel comfortable by your side."

"Oh, uhm... i-i a-also l-like spending t-time with y-you", I stuttered not knowing how to answer.

"You're really something else", he chuckled again turning his head to me.

And I think I caught a moment where his eyes wandered down my lips but immediately back to my eyes, causing to make me feel more nervous. But the good kind of nervousness.

Then he gave me a quick smile and closed his eyes.
He drifted pretty fast into sleep, I didn't. I looked at my posters trying to sort all of my thoughts and feelings.

He wanted to spend time with me.

With me.

And he was laying next to me. I think I was the happiest boy at that moment even though I tried to resist the urge to pull him closer to me.

Then, after a time I finally drifted into sleep with a bright smile over my face.

*******