10 The rules

^^
a/n (don't ask me why, it's not your author-nim's fault)

JJK POV

"So you're telling me that you have to kiss the same person for the rest of your life or else misfortune will take over? "

All I could do was nod at Taehyung's statement while sitting on the cemented floor behind the school building.

"That's pretty messed up. No wonder you would wear that mask almost everyday and I gotta say it's tormenting seeing you with it." Slowly, I felt him walk closer to me. His long dainty fingers lifting up my chin as he stared straight into my eyes while still standing.

"I dunno. It just hides your beauty and I didn't like it."

Our lips were inches apart but I looked away immediately feeling my cheeks burn up like flames.

Even though, I didn't quite see Taehyung's face, I sort of felt as if he got a bit disappointed from what I just did.

He then removed his fingers from my chin and crouched down to sit beside me but not close enough. It was like he was putting up a 1 meter long distance from me purposely.

"Though, you did surprise me a while back. I didn't expect you initiate the kiss." I looked at him then back to the green grasses in front of me.

"ah, sorry for suddenly—"

"No worries. It was quite a turn on as well and I don't mind you doing that everyday"

Out of shock, my eyes widen and turned to him only to find a smugly smirking Taehyung.

"Pervert!" I lightly slapped his arm causing him to fake a hiss and then smiled his famous boxy smile.

"But hey, setting the kissing thing aside, is it real?"

"what is?"

"The whole 'misfortune' thing about you not getting your daily doze of kisses."

I looked down and fiddled with my wrist. "Uh yes. It was a tragic curse handed down by one of my ancestors." I sighed and tried not to look up at Taehyung's gaze.

"Is that the reason why you don't trust people around you anymore?" I knew Taehyung was just being curious but I couldn't help but sulk even more. I wanted to trust people but I'm just afraid that they would only want me for my wealth or worse, take advantage of my weak state when it comes to kisses.

"...D-do you believe in curses?"

"Actually, I couldn't give two shits about that," For a little while he averted his eyes on me and smiled. "as long as I can kiss you, that curse doesn't matter that much to me, " and I would be lying if I didn't feel my heart almost ripping out of my chest and my cheeks turning red as cherries.

"But, to think that you actually kissed me only because of that curse, it was because I told you I won't kiss you anymore, right? Too ba—"

"You're wrong!" I cut him off because other than the main reason I have, there's still something that I want him to know.

"T-that kiss earlier w-was..... for another reason a-and the..... c-curse has nothing to do with it" By this time, I gathered up some courage to face Taehyung straight into his eyes and speak up.