Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I apologize for not updating for like half a year :( I'm terrible, I know. But now I'm going to finish this story now, I promise.

Amanda's POV:

After finishing our tea and sandwiches, Niall and I listened to the elderly man and woman argue about something. They ended up laughing about the whole argument. We laughed with them and then we heard a knock at the door.

"That must be our friends" Niall said getting up and walking to the door. He had called Harry and him Isabelle and Liz were coming to get us.

He opened the door and a drenched Harry jogged into the room with Isabelle hot on his trail. I peered out the door to see it was raining hard.

"Come in children. You guys are soaked. Come by the fire. It'll dry you off." The kind woman said guiding them to the warm, cozy living room that we were sitting in earlier. Isabelle told me how her and Harry had parked down the road, thinking the house wasn't that far away. They ended up running to the house, because they both had a bad estimate of how far the house was. Liz didn't want to get wet so she stayed in the car. We laughed at her and then we were attacked by small water droplets falling on us. We looked up to see Harry shaking his head like a dog and the water going everywhere.

"I'll get you two a towel" the kind woman said and disappeared into a room. Isabelle shivered a little and I rubbed my hands on her arms that were now full of tiny goosebumps.

"I hope we don't get sick" she said looking at Harry and he grinned and nodded. The old man had gone to make tea for the two of them.

"So it looks like you two have had an interesting day." Harry said to Niall and I. We nodded and Niall relayed what happened today, but he left out all of the parts about me and him acting lovey-dovey.

"Is Liam okay?" I asked them and saw Isabelle get lost in a trance or something, because she wasn't responding.

Harry responded for her. "Yeah he's doing better according to the doctors. We don't exactly know much information yet, because he was taken back to the ECU."

"I hope he's alright." I murmured and saw Niall nod in agreement.

"So what are we going to do now?" Harry asked, looking at Niall and then me.

The old woman returned with a two towels in her hand and gave one to Harry and one to Belle. They thanked her and she smiled saying it wasn't a problem. The old man also returned with tea and served it to the drenched Harry and Belle.

"Thank you guys, really. You two are so nice I wish I could adopt you as my grandparents." Belle smiled at the elderly couple.

"Aw. You kids need to come visit again, we love your company." The lady said.

"Yeah sure!" Harry said enthusiastically.

"We'll see you soon." I told the woman as I hugged her. Harry and Belle had finished their tea early and it was getting late so we should be getting home now.

"Aw honey," she smiled, hugging me back. "Remember to follow your heart." She whispered in my ear. I curtly nodded once we separated from our hug. I glanced at Niall who was chatting with the man. He laughed, his eyes shining brightly. The man smiled at him as well.

"Bye." I waved to the man, giving him a quick hug.

Everybody else exchanged goodbyes to the elderly couple and we left their house, only to be met by pouring rain.

"God it's pouring." I muttered.

"Looks like we're gonna have to run to the car again." Belle sighed.