Chapter 2: From Haven to Skyhold

There was an influx of mages to Haven after the Herald had gained their alliance, and they eyed us warily, I could not blame them, a mass of templar's together must have reminded them of their oppressors. The Herald did not return with all the mages, we heard second hand that she had taken a select group of them with her and continued straight to the breach. So we continued to wait, ready should we be needed.

We soon saw the breach began to dispel before our eyes. That meant that the Herald and the mages had managed close it, it was a miraculous feat.

I left my fellow templar's after a few enthused embraces; even though we had barely known each other for more than a few hours we were caught in joy of the moment. We were all relieved that the breach was dealt with now we hoped to move forward from there, it was not over by any means. It was moments like these when I felt the need for solitude; as I had grown accustomed to my own company.

I began to walk through the camp there was an uneasy civility holding between mages and templar's. It was not new to me being friendly with mages, I was not like my fellow Templar's. My stance with mages made me unpopular among my fellow Templar's in Kirkwall especially because I had no issue with reporting their misdeeds to Meredith. She soon got frustrated with my constant reports, and she did not share my view on mages.
My fellow Templars tried to make my time in Kirkwall difficult, hoping to drive me from the city, but my faith gave me strength. The fact that lyrium did not affect me like it did them, made me swifter, so I saw any prank or punch thrown in frustration, always evading them, which only infuriated them further. The only reason my Meredith tolerated me is because I could talk most mages down from rash action, just by showing them genuine compassion that other Templar's had long forgotten, I knew they were afraid, and I actually listened to them. And it didn't hurt that I was a skilled fighter, self-taught through necessity, and my skill was honed as part of my Templar training. Had she lived I know she would not have been sad to see me go, my fellow templar's had no trouble showing how enthused they were to see the back of me. The rebellion solidified their hate of mages; it had made me question my faith.

We were celebrating the closing of the breach, well most were. I was not joining in the festivities, I merely observed. I felt uneasy as I knew this was not over, there was always more to come, this was the eye of the storm, this was the same way I had felt in Kirkwall after the qunari attack, I knew there was more. As if in answer to my fears I was proven right again, always proven right when I didn't want to be.

A massive force was approaching, I was ready for battle. I passed my fellow Templar's as I made my way to the gate. I overheard them exclaim "No. It can't be."

"Yes. They said it is Templar's attacking the village. Must be because of the mages."

They continued to desperately rationalize. I found to hear that it was Templar's leading the assault was shocking and unnerving. I would be raising my blade to my fellow Templar something I had only had to do once before. It took me back to a memory I had not recalled in sometime.

I was on wondering Kirkwall when I heard a scream. I rushed toward what I had thought was an abandoned warehouse. I was infuriated to see fellow Templar's standing on guard outside. "You can't tell me you did not hear that." I seethed.

"No. Whatever are you talking about?" They taunted. Not caring for what was occurring beyond that door, or worse they were in on it. You could tell by their sway that they had been drinking.

I stepped forward. "Look. Sweetheart this doesn't concern you so back off, just pretend you didn't hear it, walk away." He warned.

"You know I can't do that."