I

Your POV

Declining the call up would be a stupid decision. This was all I wanted to do my whole life; to play on the national team. Now I finally have that opportunity, and I am going to make the best of it. I landed in Dallas about ten minuets ago. I made my way through the airport and to the baggage claim area. As I'm waiting for my belongings, I feel my phone vibrate. Pulling it out, I saw that it was a message from Paul.  He had sent me the address to the team's hotel. I input the address into Maps before I spotted my luggage.

After I gathered my things and called an Uber, I ended up getting a text from Paul again.

Paul

Jill said you will be rooming with Christen Press.

To Paul

Sounds good to me.

I hit send and look up to see my Uber pulling in. I slipped my phone in my pocket and put  my things in the car before giving the driver the hotel address. The drive was about 15 minutes, consisting of only small talk with the driver and a lot of glances out of the car window.

———

When we pulled up to the hotel, I thanked the driver and got my things out of the trunk before making my way into the lobby. I made my way to the front desk and smiled. "Hi, I'm Y/N L/N, I'm here with the national team." I said as the lady began typing into the computer. She handed me a room key and returned the smile. "Room 302."

The elevator ride was as exciting as an elevator ride can be. Except that is when reality hit me. The reality of my life long dream was finally setting in. I was here, and I was getting to train with the full team as only a freshman in college. This was it. This wasn't a dream anymore. This was real.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the ding of the elevator, following the opening of its doors. I made my way down the hall, trying to calm my new bundle of nerves down as I approached the room. Christen Press was not only a member of the national team; she was also Stanford alumni. This was going great already.

I took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside. I looked around the room, taking in the surroundings. I set my key card down, and looked up to be met with the smiling face of my roommate.

"You must be the newbie." Christen said as she chuckled lightly, sticking her hand out in the process. "I'm Christen."

I returned the smile and shook her hand. "I'm Y/N." I haven't made a fool of myself yet. Kudos to me. Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.

"So, Jill was waiting until you got here to have our team meeting. And now that you're here, I'm pretty sure she wants to have the meeting soon." Christen said and I nodded, rubbing the back of my neck slightly.

"Nervous?" The forward asked, as I sheepishly smiled. "Is it that obvious?" I asked, chuckling a little. The woman smiled softly. "Well, from what I've heard, you're not usually this quiet, and also, it's you're first camp. Everyone gets nervous at their first camp. It took me 4 camps to get rid of the nerves." She explained before putting a hand on my shoulder. I felt myself calm down a little, smiling up at Christen. "Thank you, Christen."

We had a little bit of small talk before Christen's phone dinged. I looked up at her as she replied quickly before speaking. "Alright, Jill is calling the team meeting now." I nod and grabbed my room key before following the forward out of our room and began walking to the elevator. Well, that was until we spotted Moe and Kling.

"IS THAT THE NEWBIE?!"

"Jesus Christ." Christen muttered as she began aggressively pushing the elevator button, hoping to hurry up its process. "That's Kling. She gets really excited with the rookies." She explained as I heard footsteps running behind me. The doors to the elevator opened, but as I turned around to the direction of the footsteps, I felt myself being thrown into the elevator.

I groaned, and tried to get up, but failed, because of the added weight on top of me.

"Kling! Stop trying to kill the rookie." Morgan said as she pulled the other player off of me. Christen sighed heavily while eyeing the defender down before she stuck out her hand. I smiled slightly and took it, feeling the elevator move below us. "So, Y/N, this is Morgan Brian." The forward said as the blonde waved at me and smiled. "And the one that almost killed you was Meghan Klingenberg, but we just call her Kling."

I waved at the defender and smiled. Meghan immediately grinned and waved back, causing me to chuckle. The elevator doors opened and we all stepped out and made our way to the meeting room. I watched Morgan and Christen waltz right inside, but I just stayed outside the door.

"Awwww! The newbie is nervous!" Kling said as she bounced around me, making small baby faces at me. I shook my head and pouted, "No I'm not." The defender laughed and put an arm around my shoulder. "Hey, it's alright. Everyone gets nervous in these meetings." Kling smiled, "Especially since Jill is one scary person." She whispered the last part, which made me laugh lightly. "You can sit with me!" Meghan added, as she practically dragged me inside. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

"HEY EVERYONE, THE NEWBIE IS HERE!!" Kling shouted, causing everyone to go quiet and turn their attention directly at me. I felt my blood run cold as Meghan grinned, her arm still around my shoulder.

I spoke too soon. This was going to be bad after all.