VI

Your POV

I fucking laughed at Xavier's question. I fell back because I was laughing so hard. Hell, my sides even started hurting because of how hard I was laughing. Xavier frowned and looked at me oddly, "What?" He asked. I took a deep breath and smiled at him. "Boy, you're dumb. I've got eyes on someone else." I said as I chuckled again. "Listen," I stood up and picked up my bags. "You're a good guy. You're super fun to be around and all, but I've got my eyes on someone else." I turned to walk out the door but stopped at the sound of his voice. "Don't come crying to me when she hurts you, Y/N."
I looked over my shoulder at him one last time.

"The only person she's going to hurt is you."

- - -

It's the next day and in the afternoon, and we're sitting in the airport to get on our flight to LA. We play UCLA today and I'm so excited to see Mal. Xavier keeps trying to call me, but I've just been ignoring him. He keeps saying all this rude stuff about Mallory and it's starting to get very annoying. I plan on telling the forward about the situation when we meet up before the game today. My phone buzzes and I pull it out, smiling as I see its a message from Mal.

Mal 💘
Boarding yet?

To: Mal 💘
Not yet. We board in 15 minuets.

Mal 💘
Alright. Jessie and I will be waiting for you.

To: Mal 💘
Jeffrey? Omfg yes. Everyone is getting into their lines so I have to go. See you two soon

- - -

Mallory Pugh POV

Jessie and I have been chilling around downtown as we wait for Y/N and the Stanford team to arrive. Currently, we are walking around looking for some food. My phone buzzes and I see a message from Y/N.

Y/N
Just landed 😊

I smiled at the message and grabbed Jessie and started walking back to the car. I cant wait to see her.

- - -

When I saw Y/N come out of the gate, Jessie grinned and ran towards her. The Canadian hugged Y/N and laughed when she yelled in surprise. Her laugh is so cute.

When Jessie finally let go of Y/N, I walked up to her and picked her up, hugging her tightly to my chest as I spun her around. "I missed you." She whispered against my neck as I smiled softly.

"I missed you too."

- - -

just a short chapter for y'all 😊