X

Your POV

After breakfast, Tierna and I made our way back to the room. Since Mallory texted, I couldn't stop thinking about everything. I was so lost in thought that I nearly ran into the edge of the counter.

"Watch where you're going, Y/N. I know you're anxious but it's just Mal." Tierna spoke as she managed to make me sit down and take a seat on the edge of my bed.

Exhaling a long breath, I groaned and threw my body backwards. I hit the mattress and draped my arm over my face.

It's just Mal.

My phone buzzed and my heart instantly began to race. Tierna looked over at me as I pulled my phone out.

I sighed in relief before stuffing the phone back into my hoodie pocket.

My teammate smiled and shook her head. "You seem ready to talk to her."

I sat up, both my eyebrows raised in shock. Was she being for real? "T, I don't even know if I really want to talk to her. She gives me vibes for the whole time at camp and even after that, but as soon as she sees Ashley... it's like I don't even exist." I muttered the last part in a voice above a whisper.

------

Mallory Pugh's POV

After texting Y/N, I felt my mind spin. It was crazy how in such a short span of time, seeing Ashley again brought back old memories.

Ashley was, by no means, perfect. Our relationship had it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day I stayed because I knew I wanted to work things out with her. Then when I got called up to play for Washington, everything changed.

Our calls became less frequent, the conversations seemed to go nowhere, and the feelings we had for each other began to fade. We both felt that the relationship had ran its course and in the end we thought it was best for us to break it off.

Although it was needed, the feelings I felt after the breakup were anything but amazing. I spent as much time as I could just training and getting better. I did that for a while actually.

Then I met Y/N.

She was the type of person to light up a room with her presence and had a smile that was contagious. Not to mention the fact that she was beautiful.

But that's besides the point.

Before I knew it, my feet ended up outside of her door. I raised my fist to knock, but stopped when I felt my phone buzz. Glancing down, and mentally thanking the notification for helping me stall, I noticed it was a text.

It was from Jessie.

Jessie Fleming's POV

The fact that Mallory had been acting like a total lame the whole time here in LA was one thing, the fact that she was being a lame to Y/N was what bothered me. Y/N was so nice, so genuine, and just so beautiful.

Wait, what?

I mean, she deserves better. If anything, she deserved better than what Mal was giving her.