XIII

Your POV

In all honesty, I think a relationship is the last thing Mallory needs. I think she needs some space away from Ashley and me because she clearly can't make up her mind. She could also just need a hug from Lindsey.

Or a kick in the ass from me. Either one works.

"Kelley O'Hara, what in the hell are you doing?" Tierna screeched as she gazed upon the sight of a certain woman riding around on an electric scooter. The hum from the scooter was almost as annoying as Kelley was in that moment.

"What does it look like I'm doing, Davidson?" The brunette stated with a grin as she drove in circles around Tierna and I, almost running over my foot in the process.

"It looks like you're trying to kill us." T spoke with emphasis as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"If I was going to kill you, I wouldn't use this scooter. Trust me."

I rolled my eyes and began walking. "I wouldn't trust anyone who would even think about killing me in general." Swinging her bag over her shoulder and jogging to keep up with my pace, Tierna tossed an arm around my shoulder.

"Has she talked to you at all?" She inquired with a soft tone. "It doesn't surprise me if she hasn't."

I shook my head gently. "No, she has not. But like you said, it doesn't surprise me eiTHER-KELLEY, WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed as the woman sped up on her vehicle of death and sharply turned in front of me, almost crushing my entire foot. Again.

She braked hard, causing the scooter to bounce along the stoned pavement. Kelley had a death grip on the handles, but her foot slipped, and made the scooter make a very sharp right turn.

The electric scooter hit a stone block protruding out of the ground and sent Kelley, and the scooter, into the air. The Stanford graduate hit the dirt faster than Jill Ellis dropped Ali Krieger. Tierna and I erupted with laughter as we fell to our knees. "Kelley, are you okay?" I managed to say in between breaths.

Kelley, who was now face down in the grass, simply gave a muffled response. Davidson snickered, "Sorry, what was that? Couldn't hear you because of all that shit you just ate." The other defender slowly rose from the grass, and dusting herself off. She glared at the scooter, and muttered under her breath.

"Stupid piece of shit."

Kelley pulled her leg back and kicked the metal contraption, only to scream out upon impact. My face fell in my hands as Kelley bounced on one foot.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow." She grunted as she continued to hop around. "In what way would that have been a good idea, O'Hara?" I inquired, causing Tierna to nod in agreement. "That was stupid. Even more stupid that Y/N liking Mal-" "Okay, we get it." I cut in before the defender could finish her insult. "Come on, Kelley." I wrapped my arm around her lower back to offer support to the now injured player.

"So, who's telling Jill?" Tierna asked as she motioned towards Kelley's foot. "Not me." I stated bluntly, causing the older player to groan.

"Fine. I guess I'll tell her myself."

———

When we got back to the dorms after dropping Kelley off at her car, Tierna and I decided to bust out some bowls and make some ramen.

Needless to say, it ended up with T dropping a fork into the boiling water and her coming up with the great idea of dropping the pot onto the floor.

"Y/N GET IT, IT'S HOT" "TIERNA YOU SPILLED IT EVERYWHERE!"

The defender quickly placed the hot pot onto the counter, leaving a ring of black on the wooden floor. "IT BURNED THE FLOOR!" She screamed as she laughed, almost dropping the pot again.

Within seconds, the smoke detector started beeping. And as if the chaos couldn't get any worse, my phone started ringing. T hopped onto the counter and began waving her hands to dispatch the smoke from the detector as I reached over and answered my phone, not checking to see who was calling.

"Hello?" I answered loudly, hoping that somehow the ruckus in the background wouldn't reflect over the other line.

"Uh, hey Y/N it's Jessie."

I blinked and tried to motion for Tierna to clean up the mess.

"Hey Jessie whats up?"

"I was just wondering if we could talk? There's something I need to tell you."