Chapter 4

~5 years later~

America's POV

I slap my hand on the table to get everyone's attention. They all immediately stop their conversations and look at me. I smile to myself.

"As the leader of the Northern Rebels, I now Start this board meeting." I grab a pile of papers next to me, and look at the paper on top. "August, give me and update on the troops." He stands up, and clears his throat.

Over these past few years, we've become a lot closer. Trying to raise a child and take care of a whole organization is a lot of work, but he understood that and helped me. In these past couple of years, I could really say he was my cousin, and not mean it like we're related, and that's it. He's more like a brother to me now, and I could never thank him enough for all he's done for me.

He let me and Celeste move into the Rebel Compound. He insisted that their "leader" should live with their people. I didn't care that much, paying no rent sounded nice.

"We just gained 40 new troops and we're now putting them through training. We also have 29 soldiers injured from the last attack, but all are minor injuries. That leaves us with 400 troops in total Amer-"

"Ma'am will suffice." I say, cutting him off and smirking. I love teasing him. He's so funny when he gets irritated.

He rolls his eyes. "You're so immature, you know that right?"

"And you know you're this close to being demoted to custodian, but I'll have mercy on you this time. Now sit down. Georgia, the report on weaponry?" I smile sinisterly, and Georgia laughs. We've also become good friends. When I need a little reinsurance, I can always count on her.

Georgia gets up, and tells the board how the weapon construction and usage is doing. After she's done we go through combat, infirmary, storage, and transportation until we get to attack strategy. Lately, we haven't been very successful. The palace finally caught on to how we get in, and they put more precautions and security there. We're now looking for some other ways to infiltrate the palace.

"I say we go to the front entrance and blitz them. Get all our troops at one place." Mark, a fellow board member suggests. I growl. How stupid can he be?

"There's a reason we haven't tried that!" I growl at Mark. He shrinks into his chair, flinching as I spit out each word.

"Umm, Ms. Singer, you could be a little nicer." Another General pipes in. I snort.

"First of all, Ms. Singer is my mom, and it's ma'am to you. Second, don't bark orders at your leader." I say forcefully. The General huffs and gives me a glare.

"Well then, ma'am, we would appreciate it if you would quit being so snappy and get your big ego out of the w-" I'm already out of my seat and fighting mad.

August raises his hand in the air, trying to calm us down.

"I don't think this is productive for our-" I shut him up with a simple movement of my hand.

I walk straight up to the General who wanted to test me, and get so close, he has to face me in the eyes. I can see beads of sweat already running down his forehead.

"Well, general-" I look at his name tag-" Morris, you gotta lot of big talk, let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is." I say calmly, then walk with ease back to my seat. General Morris is in shock. In fact, everyone is. I guess they were expecting a big blow up.

"What?"

"You heard me, since you want to talk so much, give me a pitch right now." I state. He quickly starts to backtrack, like I thought.