Chapter 28

~America's POV.~

I was having a blissful dream, sleeping happily, when the door abruptly burst open to my hotel room. I reluctantly get up, aggravated that someone dared ruined my sacred sleep. Well, that someone who dared was my ever annoying cousin, August.

Once he saw I was remotely awake, he rushed to my bed, a paper in one hand, and the other shaking me rapidly. He jostles me back and forth, not helping my grumpy move. I pry his hand off of me and growl at him.

"August, you're only a few seconds away from getting the taste slapped out of your mouth." I grumble, as I grab my fluffy pillow, and burrow my head under it, hoping August will leave me alone. Of course, He doesn't take the hint, and proceeds to yell in my ear.

"America, now's not the time to be difficult. We have a very serious problem at hand, thanks to you." He spats. That gets me up. All I've done currently is sleep, how could that cause so much trouble?

"Me? What did I do?" I ask, confused but now even more irritated. August glares at me, and throws what I thought was a paper at first, but it was a magazine, at me. I slowly grab it.

"Oh, you can read all about it." He scoffs as my eyes finally start to look at the magazine. I look at it for a few seconds, bewilderd at first. I wipe the sleep out of my eyes, and look at it again, and that's when I see it. My eyes become as big as saucers, and I have to keep myself from fainting.

In big letters on the front of the magazine, it says, The Royal Affair, and under that, a blown up picture of Maxon and I last night, and him in the middle of the act of caressing my cheek. I flip to the next page to see an interview of the awestruck waitress from last night, giving her account of what she saw.

The waitress for them that night gave us an eye-opening account when we interviewed her afterwards, saying,"I thought it was already weird that I saw the prince, and Lady America together in the first place. She was his second choice, so why would he be eating privately with her? Well, I already had my suspicions, and they were proven right when i came back with their drinks and saw them in the middle of a very intimate position. Of course, when they saw me, they immediately pulled away, but the deed had already been done." Looks like someone's being unfaithful. We are all wondering in anticipation how the princess will respond to this lover's scandal.

I look up, and I already know I've gone ghostly pale. I throw the magazine on the ground and drop my head into my hands and groan loudly. What were we thinking? I knew I shouldn't had agreed to meet him.

"America, I thought this meet up was only for 'buisness matters' only? This sure doesn't look like business matters to me!" August exclaims.

"It was! But Maxon decided he wasn't going to make it about buisness. I don't know what happened. Things just escalated, and my feelings took over-"

"I thought you didn't like him anymore!?"

"I don't, I just-"

"Then explain this!" August questions now holding the discarded magazine and pointing accusingly at the front picture. I wish I could burn that.

"Call the magazine company and tell them to take it down!" I yell, desperate. August shakes his head.

"We can't. They have a right to publish anything they want. The best we can do is keep put of the public's eyes for a few days." He says hastily. "Better yet, forever." He mutters the last part to himself.

"And to do that, we need to get out of here before paparazzi figures put which hotel you're staying in, and we can't get out."

"Wait, what about Angie? We came specifically for her!" I say, almost forgetting my own daughter. I should be more ashamed, but I'm too scared to be right now.