Chapter 8

~America's POV~

"Sweetie, I'm going to miss you SO much." I hugged Angelina with all my might, not wanting to let go. Angie hugs back, wholeheartedly.

"Mommy, I don't wanna go." She says quietly. I sigh and wrap her In my arms again.

"I know baby, but it's out of my control. I did all that I could." And I had. I screamed, I argued, I fought- and by fought, I mean kick and punch. The Northern Rebels saw the worst tantrum ever to be seen.

We pull apart, and Angie moves onto Celeste. She wraps her arms around Celeste's legs.

"Promise we can go shopping when I come back?" Angie asks. Celeste laughs and picks her up, kissing her noes.

"Of course, we'll buy the whole store out." Angie smiles at that, and gets down.

Finally, August and Georgia show up, ready for the departure.

When they get there, Georgia gives me a sad smile and I return it. What could she do? Even without her voting yes, this still would've happened.

I turn towards August in disgust. I still haven't forgiven him. How could he? Why would he even think of such a thing. And then to force it upon, me? That's not something family does.

August sighs, realising I'm still pissed at him.

"America, I'm not doing this to hurt you. It's best for the Northern-"

"Yeah, I know that. But what about what's best for my family? You never thought about that, did you?" I whisper harshly.

August looks down, and pushes through the door. Georgia follows. I close the door reluctant to let them in.

Angie catches sight of them and hops on August. He just laughs and sits her on his lap.

"You wanna know a secret?" She whispers loudly in his ear. August tries to contain his laugh.

"What?"

"You're my favorite uncle." She states, giggling afterwards. Technically, he's like a second cousin, but I'm not going to break the news to her now. Besides, it's a really cute moment.

August looks taken aback, and he immediately ingulfs her in a big hug.

"You wanna know something too?" He says happily. She nods.

"You're my favorite neice."

Still wrong, but I don't want to jump in. No matter how angry I am at August, I love Angie, and if she's happy, I'm happy.

I try to tell myself this all the time. Trying to put her needs and feelings before mine. She's my whole world, and if she's not okay, that throws off my whole day. I want nothing but happy moments for my daughter. I don't want her to go through the countless pain I had to take.

I have to admit. I've sheltered her pretty bad. But can you blame me? After my experience as being of the lower caste, I couldn't do that to her. Just seeing her hungry after school makes me uneasy. I couldn't let her go through without eating for days until the next paycheck rolls in.

And she deserved more anyway. She is technically royalty by blood. I never told her that, in fear that she would go out in public saying that, but I think she knows deep down that she's more important than what it seems. That she has a bigger purpose. The thing is, I never tell her this straight up to her, because i don't want her to get a big ego, something I suffer with at times. She knows though that I love her and she's a special jewel.

We all head out the door and outside where a jeep is waiting.

The plan is to place Angie in the woody parts behind the castle in tattered clothes, where she will come running out, claiming something happened to her. We're hoping they'll take her in- since he's such a softy- and she'll be able to get the journals without any suspicion. I feel like we're putting a lot of trust and reliability into a five year old to do this big master plan, but if anybody's child can take down a castle, it's my daughter.

August takes Angie's hand, and places her in the backseat of the car. He then hops into the driver's side. Before they drive away, Angie waves at me smiling a little. I wave back. They start to drive away, and the image of my daughter starts to slip more and more far away.

I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Celeste notices and wraps me in a hug.

"She'll be okay, America. If she's anything like you, she'll be out of there in 2 days tops." That gets a tiny laugh out of me.

Celeste leads me back inside.

"Besides, now we can watch South Park whenever we want without the volume turned all the way down to 5." I friendly shove her and she smirks. We lock our arms together, and strut back to our apartment.