chapter 5

I opened my eyes already feeling excited for today, I got out of bed, brushed my teeth and got dressed.

When I came downstairs, I saw my dad taking a real breakfast, usually he would drink  coffee on the way because he was late. I guess it was a good day for him too.

His smile grew bigger when he saw me, he came over to me and kissed my forehead, okay he was extremely happy.

"Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep ? Did you sleep well ?" He asked smiling.

"I slept really good and I'm excited for today"

"That's great then." He kissed forehead again.

"Wait, hold on... 2 kiss in less than 2 minutes !?" He would kiss me in the morning when I woke up but not as much.

"It's not enough ? Do you want another one ?" He asked as he stood up and hugged me.

"I really love you but I think you have to stop for the kisses, I don't mean to hurt your feelings. " I said

"Okay." He smiled. "Have I ever told you how I am proud of you, and how I love you so much ?" He said as looked at me.

"Ummm.... yeah you did"

"I made pancakes this morning do you want some ? "

What he even made pancakes ??!!

"What's got into you ?" I asked and reality hit me. "I forgot your date yesterday" I said understanding his behaviour this morning. "How was your date" I said happily

"It was fantastic ! We did so many things and we like the same things, isn't that great ?" he said.

"Yeah that's amazing, I hope my date will go well."

"Don't worry if it was for me it will be for you" he assures me and I smiled. "Come on eat when Tristan is here I'll take you to school" while I was eating my breakfast Tristan knocked on the door

"Good morning everybody"

"Good morning, do you want pancakes, I made them this morning" my dad asked him.

"I don't think we have time for that, we have to go, plus I have already ate, but I can eat them on the way."

"I won't accept your excuses,i'm taking this morning, so you sit down and eat please."

We finished our breakfast and went in the car.

"It's a great morning isn't it ?"

"Yeah the weather is great" Tristan said and I laughed at his awkwardness. He bend over slightly

"What is happening to him ?" He whispered.

"He went on a date yesterday night."

"Ohhhh" he reacted.

"Have a great day kids"

"Kids ?? " Tristan asked but I just shrugged it off.

"I almost forgot" he yelled as he ran to us. "You have to focus in class okay, I love you have a great morning" he said and left.

"What, he really ran to say that ?" Said Tristan .

"He must really like her, he's usually not as happy as he is right now"

We entered the school and waited for the other one next to our lockers and they arrived a couple of minutes later.We went to our first class and I was sitting in the middle row. I was trying to think about anything but the date.

"Miss brooks !" The teacher yelled and I snapped out of my trance. "Are you with us ?" She asked.

"Yes, of course"

"So what were we talking about ?" Always the same bait, I didn't respond.
And for the rest of the lesson she made sure I listened by asking questions.

"Come on girls" I said to Bry and Kayla as I pulled their arms to follow me. "You have to help me find a dress !" I let go of their arms.

"Wait, you are walking way too fast for us !" Bry whined.

"She's right, my legs are too short !" Kayla complained and I laughed.

We arrived home and immediately went upstairs, and we began to search through my closet.

"What about this one ?" I asked as I came out of the bathroom. It was a pink dress with flowers on it.

"This one is the best, you're so gorgeous !" Kayla said.

"I think this is the one you should wear" Bry completed Kayla's answer.

"Are you nervous ?"

"Yeah, I mean, what if I mess everything up ? "

"Don't worry, Kayla and I will behind you the whole time." She smirked.

"What do you mean ?" I questioned and they pulled out sunglasses.

The girls went out of the house and hid behind the bushes waiting for Noah to come get me.

"Tessa, your date is here !!" My dad yelled."

I checked myself one time again, fixed my hair, I took a deep breath and came downstairs.

"You look gorgeous" Noah said and I blushed. He took my hand and looked at me.

"Are you ready ?" He asked

"I am" I replied smiling and we walked out of the house.

We talked about everything and I never thought I could be at ease with him. We went to eat an ice cream and to a park just like he said.

I noticed that Kayla and Bry didn't followed us, sell they just spied on us for the ice cream and they left after that maybe thinking that everything was going great.

Soon enough it was time to come home.

"I don't know about you but I spent a really great afternoon with you by my side.

" I really enjoyed it too" I replied honestly.

"I've been crushing on you since 6th grade and now we're 14. I was 12 and shy." I blushed.

"I'm really happy that the coach put us together for the duet."I said.

"I'm happy too." I looked at him and he stared at me. "I love you" he leaned in and kissed me on the lips. Fireworks explode in my stomach. He pulled away a 10 seconds after.

"I love you too." I said and he kissed my cheek and he left.

I opened the door to see my dad looking at through the window. I went to him and happiness exploded around me. I hugged him tight not wanting to let him go.

"I guess this is how our happiness reacts". He hugged me back and kissed my forehead.

I went to my room and called the girls.

"You'll not believe what happened !!" I squealed and told them everything about my afternoon.

They were happy for me and i was feeling joyful, my dad got a date and I got one too.

We have never seen each other this happy in a long time.