02

Iris was sat on the couch as her father walked up to her.
"Daddy, I swear they were just following me."
He pulled her up so she was standing, and slapped her.
"Iris, if I ever see you with those boys again, you'll regret disobeying me." He began walking away, her following him.
"But daddy-" he pushed her slamming her against the coffee table.
"Didn't I tell you not to talk back?" He yelled at her.
"Yes," The man pulled her up again by her arm.
"You know I love you, you're my porcelain doll, you're fragile, I don't want anyone to hurt you doll." He began walking away again.
  "I know daddy, but I didn't mean to talk to them, they were following me."
  "What did I say about talking back?"The man yelled.
  He grabbed a vase off of the TV  stand, chucking it at her, she blocked it with her arms, and it fell to the ground shattering.
   "Clean that up, then get started on dinner it's five o'clock."
   She nodded, tears falling down her cheeks.
  Iris began picking up the larger pieces of glass and throwing them away, taking the broom sweeping up the rest.
  Throwing those ones away.
She quickly washed her hands and began cooking.

   It was around six thirty when she was finished cooking.
   Walking upstairs she knocked on her brothers door and told him dinner was done and then her fathers.
   -
They all sat down at the small table, in silence. The only sound being the dork jabbing into their food.
   "Johnathan, were you aware that your sister is talking to a group of boys. Butch's son being one of them."
John looked at his sister before she mouthed, 'it's not true.'
  "Uh, no I wasn't."
He was confused as to why she would want to talk to Henry Bowers.
  "Make sure while she is at school she doesn't, whore herself out."
   At that Iris lost her appetite.
John nodded at him, giving his little sister a sad look.
  Soon dinner was over and Iris washed their dishes.
  She ran up the steps and grabbed a pair of shorts one of her brothers shirts he'd given her for her birthday.
  She grabbed a change of underwear and went to the bathroom.
  Iris locked the door, stripping down out of her clothes.
  She looked in to mirror at her body.
Scars littered on her arms and legs, as well as her back and torso.
  She had a bruise forming on her check and back.
She sighed turning on the water making it so hot steam filled the bathroom in seconds.

She stepped under the scalding water and washed away the dirt and grime. Iris sighed as soap ran down her body.
Her shower ended as soon as it started. She stood up drying her hair slightly with her towel then using another to dry her body.

She got dressed and brushed her hair out. Making her way to her room making very little noise. She was never too happy to find she had woken up her father. He gets rough when she wakes him up.
As she got to her room she closed the door, locking it. Rushing to her bed she laid down and attempted to fall asleep.
After an hour of laying on her side with closed eyes she sat up. Iris grabbed a journal from the side of her bed.

Entry Number ten,

I poked the bear, or bears, known as the Bowers Gang. I didn't really poke them, more like they came to my campsite. If that makes sense. They had followed me home today, which had negative results. Not the kind you'd expect, it didn't come from the Gang it came from Daddy. I mean it isn't necessarily shocking. I was speaking to a group of boys. Daddy's number one rule. He wants to preserve my 'innocence', I don't understand what he mean by that. He took my innocence or what was left of it years ago. Daddy was a monster, and I can't do anything about it. Johnathan cares about me, but he can't always protect me. I should probably stand up for myself. I'm too exhausted for anything. My body constantly aches. My eyes constantly sting with tears. I can't stand up to him. I'm too weak, and I know it.

She wrote in the leather covered book. Iris wrote in this as an escape. It was her diary of sorts. Except she didn't write about who she had a crush on, or any of her friend, as she didn't have any.
One could say her brother is her friend but he has actual friends. He was able to protect himself. He was strong. Completely opposite of his younger sister. He was better at masquerading a happy face.
All she gave off was sadness and anger. Angry that she couldn't stick up for herself. Sad that she didn't understand why this happens to her. It was all like a bad dream.
She could run away and never look back. They would deem her as another missing kid. No one would bother looking for her. Johnathan maybe, her father would direct all his anger to John and she wouldn't let that happen.
Her brother was the innocent one. He hadn't committed a crime, he hadn't broken a girls heart, he hadn't hurt anyone. He deserves better.

He deserves to get out of this place as soon as he graduates next year.
Iris was conflicted. As usual.

She checked her bedside clock and it read, five-thirty five, The was shuffling outside of her room. Her father getting ready for work. She turned to her side and closed her eyes, the began rising.
She heard grunting and soon foot steps toward her room. The doorknob jiggled before he realized it was locked.
Soon the footsteps went down the stairs and the front door slammed.

The sound of a car started and pulling out of the driveway could be heard through her open window.
Rolling onto her side she lazily sat up. Iris stood walking to her small dresser pulling out jeans and a graphic T-Shirt.

Pain;LivingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara