11

They stepped into the bright hallway filled with students. Some chatting, some trying to avoid Patrick. He still had his arm slung around her shoulder as they walked through the hall.

"Hey I gotta pee I'll be right back" he nodded and moved his arm off her shoulder.
Iris internally groaned as she stepped into the bathroom seeing none other than Greta and her friends.
Once they caught sight of her the words began.
"I just think you're pathetic, you know why?"
"Why Greta?" Iris made her way towards the stalls and closing herself in one.

"You can't protect yourself so you got Hocksetter do it for you" Greta's friends snorted.
"Greta the other day when we ran into each other, how'd you enjoy that Coke?"
She finished her business in and left the stall to wash her hands.
"Greta I'm not scared of you, I don't think I ever have been or will be" the rough paper towels soaked the water on her hands.
The short, curly haired girl grunted and pushed the door to the bathroom open and left.

Iris soon followed after her and left as well.
Patrick slung his arm around her almost immediately and the smell of rotten animals came back. She hardly noticed it this morning, it smelled like he'd put cologne on to mask the smell.
"Patrick, why are you wearing cologne?"
"Hmm?"
Her eyes rolled almost immediately at him. They came to a stop by the rest of the Bowers gang, Iris waving to all of them.
"So is this, a thing" Belch stifled a laugh pointing towards the pair.
"How should I-" Iris began but got cut off by the lanky boy speaking.
"Yeah" she rolled her eyes again, which happened a lot around Patrick.

"Don't forget I'm getting you at five, Kay?"
She nodded her head to let him know that she understood, " I know you said that last night but I don't know how cause my dad."
"I'll just kill him" he shrugged with a smirked on his face.

Iris laughed lightly and pushed moved his arm off of her "I got class to sleep in, see y'all later."
They all did half-assed waved and went into a different conversation while looking at the crowd of students.

In class she did fall asleep, drooling on her history textbook. Though it was a English class.
The teacher walked over to her her desk and slammed a hand on it, startling Iris awake.

"Now that we're all paying attention, all of you need to pick a book from the public library to-" the teacher was cut off by the door opening.

"The principal wants to see Iris Milan" a short girl with blonde hair spoke.

"Gather your things Miss Milan, I expect you to come to class tomorrow with a book for your essay."

She nodded and dried the drool on the book.
Once she was out of the room and the door was closed, Patrick popped from around the corner.
"Hey babe" he slung and arm around her shoulder and planted a kiss on her lips.
Once he pulled away from her she spoke "really, the principal needs to see me, you're a dork you know that?"
"Yeah but I'm hot so" she chuckled again.
"Im gonna let you think that okay hun?"
He flicked her nose "cigarette in the bathroom?"
"I'm out" she patted her empty pockets only feeling the outline of her zippo.
"Here" he tossed her one as they made their way to the boys bathroom.

"Why the boys it smells like dirty ass in here" she complained while jumping to sit on the sink. Patrick leaned against the wall next to the sink.
"No one comes in here" he shrugged and pulled out his zippo.
After he lit his he tried lightning Irises but she backed away, pulling out her own Zippo.
"I don't trust you with a lighter near my face" she lit hers and inhaled deeply.

"This weekend clear your schedule" he ashed the cig on the floor.
"It's always cleared Hocksetter" she chuckled and he did too.
They both finished their cigarettes and sat in the bathroom silently for a moment. The lanky boy made his way to the front of her.
Slowly he grabbed her face in his hand and leaned down to kiss her.

It was slow and then not so slow, eventually they were both entangled with one another. He pulled her body closer to his and ran his hands through her hair.

The door opened abruptly scaring them both slightly. They both turned their heads and saw a short kid with brown hair.
"Beat it kid" Patrick shouted at him and the kid ran out the door.

"I thought no one ever came in here?"
"Shut up loser" he backed away from her.
The bell rang through the halls and soon kids were making their ways to lockers and class.