03

Her mom jeans were held up by a fake leather belt and her shirt tucked into her pants. The short heel of her combat boots hit the ground with a light thud.
The ponytail of brown hair cascading down her back. She couldn't be bothered by anything. Walking down the hall she saw Greta, her hair a bit shorter than the day before.
She smirked and continued walking. Greta couldn't even make her feel worse than she already did.
Iris's eyes looked as if they were darker that morning. Like a wild animal, ready to pounce. Really, she was sad, angry. It's as if these were the only things she felt now.
"You fuckin' bitch, I had to cut my hair. You're going to pay for this." Greta walked up to Iris pushing her into a locker.
"Are you an antagonist in a horror movie from the sixties, who the fuck says that? 'You're going to pay for this'." Iris snorted.
"You laugh like the fucking pig you are."
"Darling, pigs don't walk on two legs."
"You're right they walk on all fours."
Greta smirked at her, trying to kick her in the stomach, before someone pulled the girl back.
"Oh hey Henry." Greta smiled at the boy flirtatiously.
"Oh hey Henry." They rest of the Gang mocked Greta.
Iris snorted again, causing the boys to look at her.
"What, something of my face?" She snickered.
"Yeah a bruise." Patrick replied back to her, shock spreading across her face.
Iris turned walking to the where a fire extinguishers was placed, looking at her reflection in the glass.
There was no bruise, as she had covered it up with make up. Why would she actually think that she'd forgotten.
"There is no bruise."
He smirked, and shrugged innocently.
He started walking towards her.
"Liar."
Iris scoffed pushing past the lanky boy.
"Hockstetter, gotta get this silly imagination in check."
"Only for you doll."
Iris winced, Patrick taking notice this time.
"Don't call me that."
"What's the magic word, Doll."
She rolled her eyes, "Please Hocksetter ."
"Like you mean it, Doll."
"Please don't call me that Patrick ."
The boy smirked at her and flicked her forehead.
"That's more like it."
Iris rolled her eyes, Greta and Henry broke off to do God only knows what.
Belch and Victor were the only other people left in the hall by this point, the bell had rung ten minutes ago.
"I should probably head to class, thanks for taking up my morning smoke session."
"Nu uh, not so fast Iris." Iris was soon in Patrick's grip.
"Hockstetter, What is it now, I have a class to nap in."
He pushed her into the locker harshly. Iris winced slightly at the sudden aggression. What else was she to expect from someone in the infamous Bowers Gang.
She wasn't expecting anything less. Patrick spit on his palm.
"Ew, I'd rather you punch me then have saliva near me," she stopped her rambling and began wiping her cover up off with his hands.
"What the fuck, I didn't even bring anything to cover this up with. You dickhead."
Patrick only smirked at the girl. He released her.
  "That bruise makes you look hot."
            Iris rolled her eyes.
   "Know what I find attractive?"
    "What's that sweet cheeks?"
     "When guys, respect me."
Patrick deadpanned and irritated look forming on his face.
      "Now leave me alone, Hockstetter."
Iris pushed past the dark haired boy, not in the mood to go to class. She ducked off into the girls restroom. As soon as she checked it was empty she got into the handicapped stall and sat on the toilet.

  Lighting a cigarette Iris sighed. Should've just ignored the group, would've been easier on her. Her father wouldn't have given her this bruise on her face.
"Can't go back to class," she whisper sighed to herself. She could have John drive her home during lunch. He probably has plans.
Not like she knew anyone else who drives. Her ultimate decision was to ditch. Her father would surely find out. She just couldn't be bothered by that.
  Iris sat in the until the bell rung signaling first period was over.
She sighed as students filled halls, people occasionally coming into the bathroom.
In a few agonizing minutes the bell rang and students were in their classes. Iris got out of the stall and walked into the empty hall. She began her way to her locker and got her bag, going to the nearest exit.
Once she was out of the building she made her way through the parking lot. Noticing the shine of a particular Trans Am. Of course, because she just couldn't catch a break.