12

The rest of the school day was uneventful besides a few looks from Greta and her group at lunch. When it came time to leave, Patrick immediately found her and drug her towards the blue TransAm.

"Five I will be at yours, okay?" Iris rolled her eyes. She picked under her finger nails and yawned. The ride was bumpy on the old cement road that was well overdue to be fixed.
"You told me it like six times" Iris readjusted herself between the two skinny boys on either side of her.
The rest of the ride was nearly silent besides the loud rock music. Belch stopped a street over from Iris's house for her to get out.

"I'll see y'all later" she waved at them and slid out the sunroof. Almost as soon as her feet hit the concrete sidewalk the car zoomed down the street. Her feet clunked against the ground but was drowned out by the sounds of bikes.
The chatter was loud but then stopped suddenly. She turned around and saw a few younger kids and waved.
Once back around she heard whispers "isn't that Hocksetters girlfriend?"
She rolled her eyes, obviously she'd known about his bullying and harassment towards younger students. She wasn't oblivious, she knew all the horrible things he's done and said.
She heard the bikes ride in the opposite direction and continued her short walk home. Relief filled her when she got to her driveway and her dads car was gone. If he wasn't home by now he was most likely not gonna be home until late.

Iris unlocked the door and walked up the steps to get to her room. The wooden stairs creaked beneath her weight. It was unusually quiet in the house. Iris grabbed her towel and made her way to the bathroom for a shower.

Her hair was tied back so she quickly washed herself and got out. A towel wrapped around her body and she walked to her room with her dirty clothes in hand.

Once in her room she sorted through her clothes for something to wear that night.
She sat on top of her dresser to use the mirror for her makeup.
Iris honestly didn't know why she bothered to put on makeup, they were probably just gonna go to the Quarry. It wasn't dramatic just some lipstick and mascara.

She threw on her shorts due to it increasingly began getting warmer outside as summer neared.
Though she was more fond of the cold and snow. She loved the way the tip of her nose got numb and turn a light red.
She didn't like the wind and how it dried her eyes out yet simultaneously made them water.

The old rooster clock that hung hazardously on the wall read four. So she laid in bed until five when she heard a knock on the bedroom window.

Knowing who it was she shouted "it's unlocked!"

Patrick slid the old wooden window up, causing it to creak open loudly.
"Hey" he pulled his long, jean clad legs through the small window and planted himself on her bed.

"So where are you taking me this fine afternoon?"
"It's a surprise" he moved to sit next to her and planted a kiss on her lips.
Which turned into more but once again was interrupted before going anywhere else.

Old carnival music started playing from her radio on the dresser.
It was unsettling to listen too. Iris got up and unplugged it.
"Kinda weird, I hate circuses," she shrugged.

"So when do we leave?"

They walked through the woods and Patrick started telling stories about him and the Bowers Gang. Iris wasn't listening for the most part and nodded along. She hadn't been able to tell him any stories with friends, as she didn't have any.
"Close your eyes" he spoke to her as they neared a clearing in the woods.

"Wish that was the first time I heard that" she snorted but did as told.
Patrick's large clammy grabbed her own smaller clammy hand.
Once their fingers interlocked they descended forward, him steering her clear of any trees or holes. It was hard for him to not purposely walk her into one but, he didn't for her.

Once they'd stopped Patrick sounded angry "Hey!"
She flung her eyes open and saw two figures crouching slightly in front of a dirty old fridge.
"It's Hocksetter!"

The two figures began sprinting through the trees and Patrick almost ran after them but was stopped by a warm hand.

"You sir, are not going anywhere or I'll get lost and die, now show me what you were gonna show me."
He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the fridge. It was old and dirty but as they neared it, she realized how dirty it actually was.
Most people would turn tail as soon as they saw an abandon fridge in the middle of no where. Iris was curious, too curious.

The smell invaded her nostrils, finally standing in front of the fridge.
"Open it and tell me what you think" he chuckled darkly.
She placed her hand on the cool and rusted handle, opening it quickly.
Her eyes widened slightly before turning towards Patrick "you did this?"

He nodded and frowned at the look on her face until he saw her crack a smile.
The same as his own smile, it wasn't a happy smile it would probably creep some people out.

"It's so cool" she looked back and forth between him and the dead animals that littered the shelves.
Maggots feasted on the decaying flesh, while flies went in circles around them, like in a old murder film.

She crouched down and examined all of the different species of animals.

"Dude, how'd you do it to them" she stood up, closing the door and walked towards him.
"With rocks, knives but" he smiled and his eyes brightened "my favorite is torching them."

She giggled at him and sat on the ground, Patrick followed suit.
He laid all the way down and looked at the sky sighing contently " you're real."

"Hm?"
He just shook his head at her.

Iris looked at him laying calmly and pulled herself on top of him. As soon as she did he tried sitting up but only received a hand pushing him down.
"You know I don't love you" she blurted out.
"I know, I don't love you either babe" he said making her chuckle.
"You just infatuate me, I want you" he paused looking into her eyes.
"The feelings mutual" she winked leaning down to kiss him.

Which turned into more, with no interruptions, not from people, animals, or by the being watching them from afar.