Courage

Day 7

Keith and I were sitting on the bathroom floor, sipping the gross alcohol from under my bed. We decided to take it slow this time, no shots. Staying classy.

"God this shits so fucking nasty," Keith said and set his cup down. I laugh and finish stirring the face mask. He sneered at it, "That looks gross." He said and I nodded, still stirring it with the small spatula. "Yeah but it does wonders for your skin, and you could use it." I smirk and he scoffs. I motion for him to lean in and he does, closing his eyes and sighing. I slap the light green mask onto his cheek and he flinches. "Why is it cold?" Keith asked, quickly opening his eyes. "It's supposed to be," i say and spread it around.

I hold his chin and turn his face side to side so I can cover everything. He even looks cute with globs of goo on his face. I smooth it over his chin, then his nose. I was humming while I did it and he smiled. "Don't do that you'll mess it up," I laugh and wipe away a drop. I turned to the pot of face mask goo and he started spitting. I look back up quickly, "What the hell, Keith?" I ask quickly as wipes his mouth.

"That does not taste like cucumbers," Keith said and took a sip from his cup. I laughed, "You fucking walnut, cucumbers are just an ingredient," I cackled and he giggled. "Well you can't taste it," he said and set his cup down. I look over his face again, covered with green stuff except his eyes and mouth. "My turn," I said and grabbed my hand held mirror off the counter. "Wait I want to do it," Keith slurred a little and it made him laugh. I raise a brow and hand him the little container.

He used 2 fingers to scoop it up and I sighed, there's a perfectly good spatula. Keith smacked it onto my cheek and smeared it around, he was smirking. He stopped after a few seconds and laughed, "Look." I raise a brow and lift my mirror. "I made a penis out of goo," He was biting his lip to keep from laughing. I shook my head, "We both know how much I love dicks on my face," I wink and Keith loses it, laughing and setting the container down. I laughed and shook my head, he's such a lightweight. I took a swig of my drink and flinched at the taste.

Keith sighed and finished covering my face. Smiling and nodding to himself when he was finished. I looked down at my nails, nine painted red and one thumb blue. Keith groaned, "My nose really itches," he said and scrunched up his face. I gasped, "Don't do that, it will crack." His eyes widened, "My nose?" I blinked at him a few times. "Are you... no not your nose you dumbass the mask. That's enough for you," I say and take his cup away. He grabbed it out of my hand, "Wait," he held up a finger and finished the little bit in the glass. I shook my head. "I have to finish that," he said and nodded.

"Why?"

"Courage." He said seriously and I snorted.

"Please, you're already brave." I laugh and push a strand of hair behind his ear before it could get into the mask. The ends near his face were too short to fit into the ponytail. Even with the face mask I could tell he was blushing. He shook his head, "Not for this." I didn't know what he meant. He looked down at his hands.

"You okay?" I ask and tilt my head to see his face. Keith nodded and looked up, "I'm fine, I just..." he paused and chewed his lip, "I don't know how to talk about it." He looked back down at his hands and ran his other thumb over his red thumb nail. I raised my brows, "You can talk to me about anything." I say, quickly taking a sip of my own courage.

"I think," he started and sighed, "I don't know." I grab his hand and run my blue nail over his red. He stayed quiet, just looking down at our hands.

"You like boys... don't you..." I say, barely above a whisper. He stayed still for a moment and then nodded. I wanted to smile but the face mask would have cracked.

"I think I'm like you, boys and girls are cool. I don't know if I like guys though. It's weird, I don't think I like guys as much as I like girls. But I don't know either, I've never even kissed a guy, I've kissed girls. I know girls, sort of. I was so awkward. I don't know," He said and I nodded. "Don't worry. I had the same feelings you did when I turned like... 12. I really started questioning myself. And it's okay to be curious, if later on you find out you don't like guys at all, who cares? You do you," I say and sip my drink, pinky raised elegantly.

"I'd cry but you'd yell at me for messing up the mask," he said and I chuckle. "Oh god, please don't cry, that's so cliche," I snort and he slaps my shoulder. "Don't call my coming out cliche, douchebag." He said and groaned, "My nose really fucking itches!"

Keith was still looking over himself in the mirror, "I don't see a difference." I scoff and finish drying my face, "Did you expect to turn green? And there's a difference, your skin is hella clean and shiny," I smile and he shrugs. "Guess so, can we sleep now?" He yawned and shuddered. I yawn and nod, "Yeah, we can shower tomorrow, I'm way too tired." We left the bathroom and headed for my bed.

I had one hand on Keith's lower back, my other in his hair. He sighed and mumbled something. "What?" I ask quickly. He sits up and rests his chin on my shoulder, "I said sorry... for earlier... you're so nice to me even after I blew up and said all those shitty things." Keith said and shook his head, "I just feel like an asshole." I sat up and kissed his forehead, "Stop apologizing, besides, my weekly breakdown was bound to happen eventually." I laugh and lay back down against my pillow.

Keith kissed my jaw, "Come talk to me before that happens, okay?" He says beside my ear and I smile. "Of course." Keith kissed my cheek and then laid back down on my chest. I kissed the top of his head, "Night, Keith."

"Goodnight Lance."

THANK YOU FOR READING!
I hope you liked it.
Please vote, comment, and keep reading!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS I DEADASS CRIED. uuuuh I had like half a monster drink and wrote this in like 5 minutes. Lmao sorry if updates like get slow or whatever I have no weed and all my inspiration comes from that amazing lil plant.