Chapter I: "That's a terrible game"

2 minutes, 23 seconds to go. My feet were nervously tapping on the floor and hands were clutching the suitcases tightly. The people at the airport were giving me stares which were the least of my concern at the moment. I was shaking nervously and my anxiety was at its best.

What if dad woke up in the middle of the night and decided to check up on me, what if one of my neighbors saw me escape, what if someone I know would recognize me here, what if someone knew about my escape plan and would catch me right here, right now? All these thoughts were haunting and my prayers to god were never ending.

At last when I thought I was going to have a heart fail, the flight arrived and I was quick to my feet to barge into the plane, pushing away all my thoughts and the people at the airport too. Once I was in my seat, I relaxed and closed my eyes, fucking finally.

"Hey you, come back here!" Fuck. I sucked in a breath and turned around, to see a 30-35 year old woman, I gave her a confused look, well I've never seen her in my life. And that's when I heard a rather childish voice from beside me.

"Mommy, I found our seat! Look" A little girl said while pointing towards the seat beside me.

When the woman smiled and held the girl's hand, I realized that she was actually calling out to her daughter, not me. Thank god.

They sat beside me and I plugged in my earplugs, listening to some songs and playing Subway Surf to distract myself from the anxiety.

"That's a terrible game." The little girl from earlier spoke and I looked down at her and smiled.

"Really? I'm sorry; this is the first time I'm playing it." Lies. I loved this game, embarrassing...

She nodded and folded her arms with a serious look on her face acting like a grown up, "My elder cousins play it all the time and never lets me play, and that's why it's a terrible game"

Even though some people would think I'm crazy, I loved kids. They made me so happy and soft.

"What if I let you play? Will you like it then?"

She looked up at me with hopeful eyes and a big smile "Really?"

"Yes, really. Here" I handed her my phone and showed her how to play and all this time I could feel her mother looking at us with adoration.

After a few minutes, she was completely into the game "There you go, now you're a professional player"

She giggled and clapped her hands, "This is fun, it's better than my Barbie game"

"Seriously, sweetie, I never thought I'd hear you say that" Her mother said and she shrugged.

"Yes but I like this game, thank you for letting me play..." She paused, obviously not knowing what to call me.

I smiled as she handed me back my phone, "It's Emme and you are?"

"I'm Daisy and I'm 6 years old" She replied, holding up seven fingers.

"That's cute.." I smiled and closed one of her fingers to make it a six "Six years old" I repeated.

The whole ride was better than I expected. Little Daisy told me all about her friends and her 'bossy' teachers. She was talking to me like she knew me for ages and like I was the same age as her. Not that I minded, it was rather adorable.

I loved how easily children could trust people and let them in on everything. They were literal angels in human forms however that kind of changes when they grow up, I mean if something I hated teenagers. They were a complete pain in the ass, I was too experienced because of my cousins and for a fact I knew I wasn't an amazing teenager either.

"You seem experienced with kids, do you have little brother and sisters?" Her mother asked and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Unfortunately, no. But I love kids and apparently they seem to get along with too!"

"That's so very sweet, she never gets along with any of the teenage babysitter or even her own elder brother, it's a surprise she's getting along with you."

"It's because I like her and she plays with me, big bro never plays with me"

"See? But thank you, darling, you really helped a lot, it's almost impossible to handle her in plane rides."

And soon, the plane landed and we got off. Daisy held my hand throughout and when they were about to leave she started crying and for a moment it felt like she'd kidnap me and take her with me but her mother managed to control her and I said my goodbyes to the both of them.

Trust me, it was hard for me too, she was crying so bad.

Off to London, I was. Had to earn some money before going to Paris and London was the only place I had someone I know and someone who'd help me out. This was the first step to finally get to live my dream. This was me finally breaking free...

[A/N:]

Added a photo of Emme ^^^ Thalia Bree will be playing Emme Moore, just let you all know :)

-Ana