Chapter VII: Complications.

Emmeline's POV

So, today was prom day...for Luke. And he was literally acting as if his wedding day but well, he had me to calm his nerves down and make sure that everything goes just the way it's supposed to be.

"Listen, Emme. I need a favour" Luke said as I picked out a tux and checked it out before putting it back.

"Mhm, I'm listening."

"So... There's my friend, alright? He's a real charmer and he's also very humble and-"

"Luke, if you're trying to set me up with one of your friends again, please stop." I stated finally facing him and he gave me a frown. "I'm perfectly okay with staying at home while you go to prom and have the time of your life"

"It's not just that, Emme. Just think about it. You've never been to a prom or high school, thanks to the homeschooling, you need to experience this." He said as I technically pushed him into the changing room to try on a tux.

Luke's been trying all day to convince me to go to prom as his friend's date and I am absolutely agaisnt it. Why? Because...I don't know.

"Netflix has taught me a lot about proms already and how they turn the girl's life upside down and I'm not interested"

"You will definitely be interested in Niall, though" He called out from the changing room and people gave me annoyed looks to which I just awkwardly smiled.

"Who's Niall, now?" I whisper-screamed to him.

"My friend, the one who wants to take you to prom" Luke came out of the changing room and showed me the tux. I smiled and claped my hands together.

"Okay first, you look damn good in this one and second, your friend doesn't want to take me out, you told him to take me out." I fixed his hair a bit and admired the masterpiece that I had just picked for my best friend. Amy is so gonna swoon.

"I just asked him if he would do that and he quickly agreed, he even dumped five offers for you and if you don't go now, he'll be going alone." He gave me a shrug and put special emphasis on the word 'alone' to make me feel bad.

"I'll think about it, but if I say yes, it would just because I don't want someone's prom to be ruined because of me" He came back after changing into his clothes as we walked to the counter. "If you're trying to set me up, let me tell you it's not gonna work. Don't you dare try play Cupid for the Cupid."

He gave me one of his cheeky smiles and then paid the cashier. We casually walked out of the store, him walking ahead and me following behind. We were just walking out all cool and stuff and the next thing I know is I miss one of the little four steps in front of the store and am ready to soon feel the floor but instead I'm catched by two strong arms around me and I swear my heart almost jumped out of my chest. Déjà vu.

I blinked a few times and let out a shaky breath and finally looked upto to see my saviour who saved me from the embarrassment. Much to my suprise he was not any kind of saviour but instead he was the one who got me all covered in whipped cream the other day. Louis.

"Louis?" I question and he studies my face for a while and then smiles recognizing me. Wow, we literally met a day ago and he took a second to recognize me...boys.

"Snappy princess" he comments and I roll my eyes. He looked at the position we were in and chuckled "Or maybe...clumsy princess?" That's when I realized I was still in his arms. I quickly got out of his hold and stood up straight.

"It's Emme Moore, thank you for asking." I tell him with a straight face and suddenly Luke appears by my side.

"Hemmings." Louis says, his smile no longer there and then he looks between Luke and me and raises an eyebrow, "she's your girl?"

Luke looks at me as if inquiring if something was wrong and grabs my hand in his, "She's a friend. You need anything?" Oh great, guess they have some beef going on.

"No, I think we're cool" Louis glances at me and then goes inside the building we were in earlier. I turn back to Luke and give him the questioning look.

"Do you know him?" He asked me and I nodded.

"He's kinda the brother of the girl I'm babysitting." I shrugged and he widened his eyes at me.

"Wait, what? This is news to me."

"I had no idea you two knew each other. I guess he's in your school then? And that you two...probably are enemies?" I asked as we walked to Luke's car.

"He's in my school but we're not enemies. We just have some... complications."

"Oh. Don't worry, my work is not with him, it's with his sister so."

He got into the driver's seat and nodded with a frown, "That's fine"

For a second, I got lost in my thoughts. Weirdly, my thoughts were about Louis...to be exact, what kind of guy was he? Usually, I'm able to put two or two together after meeting a person and know what they are like. But it was different with Louis. I couldn't make out what he truly was, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't make up a description that fitted him. It was driving me insane. It's just a thing I have.

Something like, when you start humming a song you listened and then you can't remember what it was called and it keeps bothering you till you find out what it was called. Yeah? No? Nevermind. I wanted to know what and who exactly this guy was. And then it hit me, he was in the same school as Luke.

"Anyways, changing the subject, I think you'll need to turn around because I need a dress for prom"

"Why do you want me to- wait, you're actually ready to go?" Luke asked me hitting the break a bit too fast and I couldn't help but giggle at his excitement.

"What can I say? Tell your Niall to get a tux." He grinned like a little child who was just given the permission to go to Chuck E Cheese and turned the car around as fast as he could.

"We're gonna have so much fun! It's like a double date, I can't wait for tonight."

Fun, for sure. Let's do this. I'm gonna figure you out Mr. Tomlinson, once Emmeline Moore decides to do something, she doesn't stop unless it's done.

It took us a while, okay let's just say it took us a long while, to pick up a prom dress for me. It was Luke's fault, he said I needed something, in his words, 'that will make every guy forget their dates' and after many arguements, we settled on a long off shoulder black dress with a white fluffy furr coat. It was absolutely stunning and I had already imagined how I was gonna carry that dress.

It was gonna be a long night, but I was more than excited for it. My first prom.

[A/N]: WALLS IS OUT! I can't describe how proud I am of Louis!! The whole album is so beautiful and well written. There are literally no skips. I'm already in love. Keep streaming, everyone.

Also, thank you for the long wait. Life's been busy and all. If you're still here, thank you for having patience, I'm sorry I suck at being regular. But anyways please tell me what do you think of the chapter? It would mean a lot to me.

Well then, I guess that's it please make sure you vote, comment and share ♥

~ Ana.