Chapter III: "You're home"

Emmeline's POV

"Oh my god, Emme, put the damn guitar down"

"Not happening, Hemmings. You're gonna pay for all your sins today"

"Okay, okay, just not the guitar, look there's a hockey stick"

I gave him a glare while climbing off the couch and carefully putting the guitar down and reaching for the hockey stick but before I could I felt two arms wrap around me tightly.

"You. Leave me" I struggled trying to get out of Luke's grip but he held on tight.

"Slow down, tigress! I said I was sorry!"

"A five letter word doesn't fix the damage you've caused in four years, dumbass" I said while hitting him with my elbow.

He groaned in pain and held onto his stomach, "That hit. That hit sums up for it, babe"

I shook my head, "Oh trust me, nothing sums up to the pain of your best friend leaving you without any warning. It felt so empty, do you know that? When I was happy, I didn't have you to discuss it with. When I was sad, you weren't there to comfort and when I was breaking apart, you weren't there to hold me, to be honest, no one was" my voice broke a bit and I just sat down to contain myself.

Luke sighed and sat beside me and held my hand, "I-I had to, you know I wouldn't do it on purpose"

"But, you promised, you know how much I hate fake promises" I sniffed a little, trying my best not to breakdown  right there. It was truly a sensitive subject for me.

"Yeah, I remember how you made that boy's nose bleed who promised you that he'd get you a chocolate in pre school" He said, looking at me with a smile and I chuckled.

"You still don't fail to lighten up my mood." I gave him a tight hug and he hugged me back.

"I'm honestly so sorry, I didn't want to leave you either but you know how fast things changed for me and my family and we had to move here" He said while still holding onto me.

I nodded lightly, "It's okay, I'm just glad I could track you down here"

"Well, you're a true stalker. I'm impressed."

I pulled back and shrugged looking down to my hands, "So, the reason I'm he-"

"Your weird ass dad didn't let you follow your heart, was it?" I raised my brows at him and he continued, "and I also know you're planning to go to Paris."

"Well, who's the stalker, now?" I questioned and he chuckled shaking his head.

"I might have been checking up on you lately. Been a fan of your page, you click some wonderful pictures"

"No way! How the hell did you find that?!" I gasped, how did he know? I had a fake name and fake identity there!

"It was obvious, the surroundings, pictures of your favorite places, and for god's sake, PUPPIES! I figured it was you and you named yourself "Katelyn" there, which is also the name you used whenever we played husband - wife as 6 year olds"

"Oh my god, you're so observant." I sighed and smiled at the beautiful memory of us as 6 years old, we were truly inseparable. "But anyways, let's get ourselves some pizza!"

***

"Aren't you...aren't you a bit scared?" Luke asked, hesitantly, looking at me.

I was looking down, playing with my fingers, nodding. "A bit, yes. But I've played with danger all my life. I mean... I was always sneaking out. I went partying, hooked up with guys, got drunk, almost everything. I've lived my whole life being a rebel and that's why, here I am"

Luke nodded, taking the last bite of the pizza and I smiled, sitting up straight. "So, when are you showing me around? I know nothing about London!"

He chuckled and hummed, "We can start next week, I've got my graduation ceremony this week. Oh wait, what are you gonna do while I'm at school, are you gonna be okay, do you have money? Are you gonna be okay while I'm gone?" he asked, his face showed worry and care.

I shrugged, a proud smile finding it's way to my lips, "Enough to last me almost three months and it's all my saving and earnings, can you believe?"

"What about Paris?"

I bit my lip and sipped from my coke, looking at him with a frown... "Not enough at the moment, I'm thinking of starting to earn. There's already a waitress job I've applied for online, it's in a diner not too far from here. I can start babysitting for the night too, that'll help, I don't know"

He shook his head and sighed, "Emme Moore, you're literally the stupidest girl, I've met. You're gonna exhaust yourself, you've only just turned 18!"

I put my finger up in the air and titled my head, slightly "I can try. Anything for Parissss!" I cheered and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't be hard on yourself"

"Can I tell you something stupid?" I asked, looking down at the last slice of pizza.

"If it's 'can I have the last piece' then my answer is no...if not then go ahead"

I shook my head and chuckled, "No, no. It's just that... I don't even have a plan, it's... scary"

He let out a deep sigh while resting his hand over my shoulder, "Emmy? Look at me. You've got this, okay? You don't have to worry about it right now."

"But-"

"No, zzut. You're home, now. Okay? Relax. Make it last." He reassured me and I nodded.

"But Luke, seriously...can I have that last piece?" I said and we both started laughing.

"Definitely not."

[A/N]: It's been ages!!! But anyways, here I am. Hope you all liked the chapter, I know it was plain and simple but it's just the beginning after all. Also, had to bring in Luke Hemmings here because honestly, I couldn't see anyone else in this role. He just fits perfectly, so.

This chapter is specially dedicated to TinyKingLou cuz she's amazing and motivated me to update :p she's a legend, do check her stories out, lads.

Loads and loads of love.
Ana.