Chapter VI: "Snappy Princess"

Emmeline's POV

I opened my eyes, blibking and trying to take in my surroundings. I was lying on a couch that was not mine with a terrible headache that was mine, sadly. I sat up straight, rubbing the area of my head which was hurting like hell and that's when I heard some whisperings.

"Are we going to jail?"

"She's not dead, Daisy. She passed out."

Passed out? Who? Me? Me! Right, I passed out because...Daisy the girl from the airport she was attacking me with whipped cream when someone tied my legs and I tragically fell onto the floor, hitting my head in the process. And with that sinking in, my first thought was, my freashly shampooed and straightened hair, ugh.

I ran a hand through them and there it was the evil white cream that had ruined my hair. I groaned in frustration and the whispers stopped.

That's when this boy stepped into the room and honestly it felt like he had just walked out of those Netlfix Rom-Coms, incredibly handsome, gorgeously stunning and did I mention the white button up he was wearing? Yep, he got me there.

I was peacefully enjoying my stare show when my inner voice whispered, whatever happened to no distractions, Emmeline? He attacked you, Em, how dare he?

He just stood there and gave me a cheeky smile, "The sleeping beauty is finally up."

"First of all, okay what kind of a welcome was that?"

"That was the Tomlinsons kind of welcome. I wouldn't take the whole credit, Daisy was of a great help." 

"She's a child, it's acceptable on her part but how do YOU think  that it is okay to fucking tie a girl's legs and make her fall" I snapped almost immediately after he had finished and he shook his head with a chuckle.

"Wow, she's a snappy princess, then"

The little girl stepped into the room just then and gave me a apologetic smile, "It was my plan, I didn't want a babysitter. And Louis help-... kinda took it to another level."

"Which was not so offensive" The boy, whom I now concluded was, Louis, added.

"Are we forgiven? "

I sighed looking at the girl's pleading green eyes. How could I say no to that?  Being the extra sensitive and soft person I am, I instantly gave in. There was no point of being angry anyways, this was the only source of income for me right now and I couldn't possibly lose it.

"Alright, now that all is forgiven, I suppose you wanna leave the job?" Louis asked, fixing his 'oh so gorgeously brown hair'.

"No. " Me and Daisy both stated at the same time. Her 'no' was a little louder than mine, though.

Louis looked at me and then Daisy and raised his eyebrows and she just smiled. "Whatever. Enjoy your time together."

With that,  he was gone and I was left with Daisy and my ruined hair only.

"Where's the washroom?"

***

After I got cleaned and managed to get as much whipped cream I could from my clothes since I did not bring any spare clothes, I was all set to have my first day as a babysitter. 

"So. What do you wanna do today?" I asked Daisy, obviously not knowing anything about babysitting.

"I don't know, mum usually gives the baysitter a to-do list. Did she gave you one?"

Ugh , I wish that would have made things easier for me. "She forgot, I guess. How about we go to the park?"

"The park doesn't have any good rides."

"You wanna watch cartoon?"

"I used to watch cartoon when I was four."

"Okay, how about we play with your dolls?"

"Dolls are boring."

Well, she was a first. After she rejected all the ideas of my 'kids favorite things to do' list that I made in my head while showering, I decided to use my last and worst idea.

"Do you maybe wanna do homework? "
Daisy looked at me with a smile, now I wouldn't have mind if it was a geninune smile but this? This was a smile that clearly said 'she's trying so hard, aw'. "You've never done this before, have you?"

See? I told you! She clearly sees through me and I, 'boo-boo the damn fool' just insulted herself in front of a six year old.

"You got me. I'm not as experienced." I said with an awkward smile.

"Hmm, we gotta do something about it or else this is not gonna work. Okay, I'm gonna set some rules and you're going to follow that if you wanna be a good babysitter"

Wait. Hold on. Who's the babysitter, again?

"Hold on. " She ran upstairs and came back running with a notebook and a pencil and sat on a chair in a professional way. "You ready?"

Still surprised with all that was happening, I nodded. She started scribbling something down on her notebook and started, "I'm gonna recite the rules and if you have a question just raise your hand. First, you never ask the child if they want to do homework  right in the beginning."

I noted that the second I made that mistake. "Okay."

"Second, your client should never be ignored by you."

"Client? As in the child I'm babysitting." Daisy nodded happily and then instantly went back to her serious look.

"Three, don't get too close with your client's brother because it's gross."

I coughed and nodded almost immediately.

"Good. Four, don't tell on your client's mother if they don't go to bed at time or eat too much sweets."

"But that's a must-"

"You're new, you don't know that." Daisy shrugged and I sighed.

"Five, we're friends, partners in crime. If I go down , you go down with me"

"So if you steal ice cream, I have to steal it with you and if I tell on you... I'm in trouble as well. Of course I'd do that." I said sarcastically and Daisy clicked her fingers at me.

The rest of the day passed pretty fast (thanks to my unconsciousness) but at least I got to know a few things about the home I was working with and the girl and the boy I was dealing with. Daisy and Louis were together at home most of the time but since he got into senior year, he started staying out with his friend or in Daisy's words, "stopped loving her". Of course,  I tried convincing her otherwise but she said that it was okay and she still loves him. I don't know what exactly keeps their mother away but it must be work since Daisy told me that she has never seen her dad, which explains the responsibilities their mother has. I wish that my mum was like her too but rather she decided to run away from all her responsibilities and left me with dad. Around 7'O clock,  Mrs. Tomlinson came back since she didn't have much work today and she paid with and after that I left but not before giving Daisy the assurance that I would come back tomorrow. 

I took a cab home and looked at the money in my purse, the money that I had earned all on my own. Of course,  it was not the first time, considering the times I got money for my pictures but this was different, I was away from home and was finally ready to survive on my own. 

Now all I need to do is, explain to Luke why I smell like whipped cream. 

---

[A/N]: Woo! That was hell of filler, and maybe too long? I take too long to post, I know but I've got the biggest exam of every Indian child coming up,  my boards :( so that means I have to study like a lot because these marks will be needed for my career. I hope you all will understand and keep showing love to my story. 242 reads mean the absolute world to me and I hope that the digits will increase on the voting side as well but THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. ♥