Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒵𝑒𝓇𝑜.𝒪𝓃𝑒Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:.*:..*:...。o○ Project Venus ○o。..:*..:*..:*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

     The place was surrounded by this ominous feeling. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck standing up, I feel like someone is going to jump me if I ever let my guard down. The hallways I am currently walking through are brightly lit and yet the creepy vibe still lingers.

I was sent to the research facility to get a report on the progress of Project Venus. Everything about this place is confidential, not a word to be let out within these walls. Even though I've been doing this for years, I can't help but feel nervous every time I walk through these halls.

The government funded this experiment called Project Venus.

The group of scientists who were in charge of this operation has been experimenting on mutants. Mutants that people outside these walls deem to not exist. Pure fictional but it's not.

When these creatures were found they were automatically labeled as a threat to humanity. People suddenly went missing during those years and was covered up with lies to ensure the ignorance of the people stay intact. The government is cruel, they spare no one in conducting these experiments which have led most of them to die.

Only six of the first batch of mutants made it alive.

I finally reached the room I was supposed to meet the lead scientist. I typed the passcode and entered the room, I have to be professional in these meetings, who knows what might happen if I fail to do my job properly.

     "Choi Jaehyun, it's been so long," Dr. Chung greeted as they both shook hands, after all the introduction, Dr. Chung advance ahead and directed him to one of the sealed cages in the room.

There were labels on the cages that the test subjects were in. They don't give names to these monsters. They treat them like animals, not as people. Heck, they were treated less than animals to be exact.

Dr. Chung explained that these 6 were the last ones and are going to be sent to the second base for more advanced and thorough experimenting.

     "These are the data we have gathered these past few years. It took us a while to figure out since the abnormalities don't occur until past puberty." Dr. Chung said while I observe the caged men in front of me. From what I can see are scars. Lots of them and dried blood on their wrist and ankle with half of their face being cover partially with their long hairs.

     "Subject 1, the oldest of them all. It can manipulate plants and produce any plant even without the use of soil or water. So far, we haven't found out any negative effect from his powers whenever he uses it," Dr. Chung continued.

The man has broad shoulders and was clinging to what it seems like a bundle of snowdrop flowers. The man was tightly gripping the flowers that it was crushed between his palms.

Dr. Chung led him to the other cages and described each one of their powers and weakness they have found out. It was unsettling how he would pronounce them as 'it' like they were objects of some sort.

     "Subject 2 here is a little bit unstable. It triggers its powers with its emotion. The flames it produces depends on its emotional state. However, it seems that the flames it produces can also burn itself," the man he pointed out as Subject 2 was sitting down on the farthest corner he could push himself. The man has a powerful glare towards them, he felt like his glare could burn him if he could (he probably can).

     "Subject 3. It is impressive that this one might be a celestial being but of course, we aren't sure about it yet. Its wings are divided, the other one is feathery while the other one is made of leather," Subject 3 has its wings clipped on to make it spread from wall to wall. You could see the blood coming out from the punctured area.

     "Subject 4, this one is always monitored. From what we discovered it has some kind of enhanced intellect. Not only that, but it can also telepathically maneuver objects with its mind. With its intelligence, it might be enough to outsmart all of us here," the guy was surrounded with papers and scattered wooden blocks, all of which are floating around him.

     "These two are the last ones, Subject 5 and 6. These two are inseparable, always within each other's radius. Subject 5 has attributes of a fish like its tail, scales, and gills," the guy that he specified was in a room partially covered with water. A glistening tail was present and almost occupying the whole room since he was sitting down diagonally to stretch his tail.

     "Subject 6 is the youngest and probably the strongest of them all. This one by far is the rarest mutant we have ever seen. It is a hybrid between man and dragon. It has a tail and wings a dragon would have. Sadly, we can't show this specimen since it is under quarantine," the room was sealed not by a see-through glass but a metal barrier. I can hear someone throwing themselves through it. The possibility of that metal barrier breaking horrifies me.

     "Wait here as I gather all the files and reports to be sent to them, so if you may excuse me," and with that Dr. Chung disappeared from the room.

I have nothing else to do but stand there. I don't want to look at the test subjects, I can already feel their stares on me. While looking around I can't help but sneak a glance at them. The first person I made eye contact in the process is Subject 4.

     "help us..."

I looked behind me as I heard the whisper there. There was no one there, in fact, I'm all alone here with the mutants.

     "break us out of here..."

I looked back at Subject 4 and saw I was still staring back at me. I felt my body move on its own to the control panel.

I can't control my limbs!!

Even though I know nothing on this contraption, my hands seem to know what to press and turn. You can hear the sealed room opening and just like that, I snapped out of it.

I didn't even get a chance to react when someone already grabbed my throat and squeezed it. I was running out of air, I tried prying off the hand on my neck but I was too weak, too lightheaded to fight back. Black was the last thing I saw...
✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«
All names are purely fictional,,
|EDITED|