•2•

It was the end of the school day. Dan is usually the last one out before the teachers because of many reasons. As he was about to leave the school he heard noises and talking from around the corner. Dan couldn't help but check who it was, it was also unusual since it's normally super quiet when he leave school.

"You're gay aren't you, you illegal bitch" Dan hears from the hall.

Dan immediately quietly runs to the corner and hides behind it, trying to see who is there.

"Tell me phil,"

Phil?

"You're thirsty just looking at me, aren't ya!?" A random guy says. "Did that slap turn you on!?"

Dans jaw drops a little. He slowly walks over to the side a bit so he can see better. It's the boy he talked to earlier. "Ph-Phil..?" Dan says under his breath. Phil is being held against the locker by the bully's hand holding Phil's neck.

"P-please s-st-" Phil tries speaking, but can only let out sobs.

"S-S-s- what!? S-slap!? With pleasure." They bully says right before giving Phil a hard slap across the cheek, and chuckling.

As soon as that happens, Dan sprints over to Phil, the bully and the bully's friend just laughing in the background.

As soon as they see Dan catch up to them, they let go of Phil, leaving him to fall on his knees to the floor. Phil starts to cough dramatically and pant as if he couldn't breathe.

"Phil!? I-" Dan tries talking.

"Oh look. The emo freak. Been a while since we last talked, eh Daniel?" The bully says turning to Dan. Phil can't stop staring at Dan as he is heavily breathing.

As soon as they say his name. Dan freezes. Its Jay & Alex. They like to pick on Dan here and there.

"It's only been a day, and I'm glad you haven't stepped foot near me. Why are you near Phil!?"

Jay laughs. "Pffft, What a silly question! Look at him Dan, he's an emo dressed in a yellow pikachu sweater. Pathetic. He probably still collects Pokémon cards, I thought he would've got over that by now," Jay goes on and on about how Dan and Phil are both failures.

Dan can't help but start crying watching Jay insult Phil. He doesn't even care what he says about Dan, Phil is by far the nicest person Dan has ever met and he doesn't deserve this

Dans fists start to tighten. His nails are digging into his palm from it being so clenched.

"You know what, Jay? FUCK YOU." Dan yells, making everyone in the room shut up. Jay is frozen along with Phil and Alex. "LEAVE US ALONE YOU INSULTING IDIOT! When will you ever get this through your thick and bone head; YOU ARE DOING NOTHING TO HELP ANYONE! Do us a favour and look at yourself, you're a total asshole! You hear me? I'm sick of your games..." Dan starts to cry hardly midway through paragraph. After he stops talking, he also freezes and his eyes widen. He can't believe what he just said to Jay. He can't take it back. Dan won't take it back. On the spot, Dan wishes he was dead.

Dan covers his own mouth and stays still.

Jay starts to water up in the eyes. "Seems like you've made a friend, hey Daniel? I bet you're gay too! Little bitch boy."

The words that just came out of Jays mouth cause Dan to start sobbing into his hands. He leaves a space between his fingers to look at Phil on the floor crying. Except for he isn't. He's just frozen still with nothing on his face but his tear stains.

"Please just leave us alone.. Next time just come to me instead of him. Please." Dan says quietly, taking his hand off his face and wiping it with his long black sleeves.

"Ha. Fine. Will do, Emo freak. See you gay boys later. We will be on our way to see our girlfriends." Jay says, dragging Alex along with him. Dan turns his head I make sure they leave the doors, then turns back around and immediately falling to the floor beside Phil.

"Phil are you okay!??" Dan asks while putting a hand in Phil's shoulder.

Phil just starts to break into sobs again, and putting his face in his hands. Watching Phil like this makes Dan heartbroken. This is the last thing Phil deserves.

"Th-thank you.. so much, Dan." Phil says under his breath.

Dan stays silent for a moment. "It's nothing Phil. You deserve better then this, you're so nice I don't understand why they would say such harmful things to you or call you gay." Dan says trying to act like he is 100% straight.

As soon as Dan says so. Phil stops crying and freezes.

"Y-yeah I wonder why they'd say so.." Phil says quietly.

Dan doesn't know what else to say. He can't even think of anything except how to help Phil.

"Is it Uhm... is it alright if I- I hug you?" Phil asks.

Dan is shocked. What if someone sees? If someone finds out Dan will never be able to live with himself. But of course, he just wants to help Phil.

"Uhm, yeah of course." As soon as he answers, faster than lightning Phil puts his arms around Dan and slowly stops crying. Dan is frightened for a second, but then slowly calms down and puts his arms around Phil.

"Hey hey... It's okay Phil. Come to my place and we can do whatever you want. Okay? I live with my Dad but he is never home. Only in the mornings if I'm lucky.. You can rant to me, okay? You can trust me Phil, because I trust you." Dan says without even remembering they just met.

Phil let's go and wipes his eyes. "O-okay.."

Dan stands up and reaches his hand out to help Phil after looking around to make sure no one is looking.

Phil smiles as he grabs on to Dans hand and gets up.

They both walk out the front school doors and heard back to Dans house.

As soon as they walk inside, Phil feels comfortable. They jog up the stairs and go into Dans bedroom, closing the door behind them. They walk over to the bed and sit on it.

For a minute, it stays silent as they both stare at the floor.

Dan can't stop thinking about how he is usually closed in and never socializing. But with Phil he feels comfortable..

"Wanna talk? If you need to rant I'll listen!" Dan says while staring at Phil who has his knees to his chest and his arms wrapped around.

"Dan?"

"Yes?.."

"How do you feel about gay people?"