•4•

No ones POV:

"Phil?.." Someone whispers.

Phil hears something, but it sounds blurry. He opens his eyes a little bit, looking at the white and clear roof above him. Everything is blurry..
Phil looks down to see an IV needle in his left hand. He turns his head to the right to see a blurry and fuzzy figure with dark hair and a black long sleeve.

"Phil? Are you awake?.."

"Huh?" Phil questions as his vision slowly fixes. Phil knows it's Dan, but he doesn't have any idea where he is.

Phil's eyes slowly start to fix themselves as Dan pushes his chair back, putting his arms out to give Phil a tight hug.

Phil feels a tear land on his... hospital gown?

"Phil I'm so happy you're awake!!!" Dan says in relief, letting go of Phil.

Phil gives Dan a sad smile. "Wh-why am I in a hospital?.. and why are you crying? What happened?" Phil asks while looking around and then back at Dan.

Dan blushes after Phil mentions he was crying. "I- I'm crying??" Dan takes his hand and put pats his cheek once for just a second, taking it off to feel wetness on his fingers. Phil laughs a little bit at how cute Dan can be when he's blushing.

"Can I Please know what happened?" Phil asks while turning his grin into a serious face.

Dan pulls his chair towards the bed and sits on it.

"Well... I-" Dan wants to continue speaking, but he remembers what he was told about Phil.

"You what?"

"Phil, you've been asleep, here, for 2 days." Dan says while crossing his arms casually.

Phil is frozen. What even happened?..

"I know you're surprised Phil, trust me.. I was too at first. But Phil, what do you last remember?.." Dan asks.

Phil looks down as he tries to think.

"I don't know.. All I remember is being at your place... and then.. I walked home..? I think?.."

"What do you mean, 'you think'?"

"I don't- oh wait!" Phil replies.

"What!?"

"I heard someone behind me, and I turned around.. and it- it was Jay!" Phil says as he starts to get worried about himself.

This makes Dan furious. Knew it.

"Fucking knew it. He's the one who did this." Dan says as he starts to cry from anger. "Phil I- I know we just met a few days ago, but.. I feel like you and me are connected some how. You know?" Dan says as he starts to giggle at himself. "I know it sounds silly, but it's true,"

Phil laughs a bit. "Ha, yeah! We are the connected duo who will fight off crime together!" Phil sits up more, making hand motions. "Dan and Phil, the indestructible power team!" Phil says jokingly, making Dan laugh.

Dan stands up and starts acting, "Yes! Phil Lester, Daniel Howells nerdy sidekick!"

"Hey why am I the nerdy sidekick? You're the one who asked to play Mario Kart!" Phil complains, but laughs anyways.

Dan sits back down, making Phil lay back down on the hospital bed.

"You're not wrong, Dan. I really see that too." Phil smiles, which Dan can't help but smile even more.

Comfortable quietness happens for a moment until Phil's mom walks in. Phil's eyes immediately look up at the door as she walks inside. "Phil! My baby, are you okay!?" His mom says as she runs over to Phil, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Phil smiles out of embarrassment, trying to avoid Dan even though he knows that Dan is smirking at them both.

"You're awake!" Phil's mom shouts and then turns over to Dan. "Thank you so much, Daniel. You've been a huge help. I didn't think you'd choose to come here everyday until he was awake." She says making Dan blush and put his fingers through his hair.

"Oh, yeah it's nothing..." Dan replies, while Dan and Phil smile at each other for a few seconds.

Dan gets up and grabs his bag from the floor. "I uh.. I guess I'll get going before my dad yells at me." Dan breaks the tiny silence, still grinning but not as much.

"I-"

"Yes Phil?" Dan turns to Phil with a blank expression.

"Thank you." He says as Phil's Mom smiles at the two cute boys.

Dan smirks and salutes to Phil with his pointer and middle finger before walking away.

Dan walks out and Phil's mom starts talking to Phil. "I guess you guys really like each other, hey?" She says holding her sons arm.

Phil chuckles a bit. "Yeah..."

I know your secret, Phil... but I'll give you time to tell me, I won't rush you... His moms mind says to herself as she strokes Phil hair.