➷|19|➷

Maxwells POV

I look at Charlie and she looks stunning. She is wearing a tight mustard yellow tie up skirt with a black tank top and black sandals. 

I feel a slap on the back of my head I turn to see Thomas.

"Tom what the hell!"

"Stop cheating my sister out. That easy, Max."

"Thomas Owen Hood." I hear a girl growl. I look and see Charlie. "What the heck?"

I raise my eyebrows and walk away. "I'll leave you two to it."

I walk up to Sawyer and Samantha who allows me to call her Sam. Lucky me.

"Hey Sam."

"Hey Max!"

I smile and pick her up. I hear a groan. "Dude her too? She's like two years younger!"

I laugh as Sam hugs my neck and coughs.

"Is she sick?" I ask.

"Yes, Maxwell, She is. Maybe you should put her down so you don't get sick also?"

I laugh and attempt to put her down but then stop when I realize she's asleep.

Tom looks at me angrily and I laugh. "Take her then!"

He smiles and happily takes her. He walks upstairs and I hear a little voice begin to talk.

"Hey Maxwell? Can we talk? Alone.."

I turn and see Charlie which makes me smile instantly. "Sure. Backyard?"

I begin to walk and she grabs my arm. "Not now. Tonight at 11:30? My mum and dad go to bed at 10 and us kids are supposed also."

"Sure. Still backyard? I mean it's gigantic so no way Tom or your parents would find us."

She smiles and nods. I nod back then see Thomas walking down. He glares at me and I just shrug my shoulders not really caring.

"Mate. Come here."

I begin to walk but before I get further I hear a frantic call. "Thomas dear? Please come here!" I look back to see Mrs. Hood or Blair as I'm supposed to call her but I don't. I mouthed a thanks to her and she winked.

I laugh and go sit down. By this time the party had calmed down and it was just the hoods, me, Josh, Hayden and Brayden. Charlie seems to be a little distant. By this I mean she is in the corner on her computer.

_That night_

I walk to the hoods backyard in Adidas joggers and Adidas sandals and socks with no shirt. When I get there I see a frantic Charlie like on the edge of panic attack Charlie.

"Char? Are you ok?"

"Thank god your here. N-no I'm not. Sit down I'll explain."

We sit down and she begins. "So you know how I kinda have a thing with Hayden? Well we told each other that we only wanted to be friends because he saw in my eyes that I'm in love with someone else and that someone else may like me but I don't know because I'm to afraid to talk to him about it and if i do I don't mention him I use my crush or him and I think he is in love with someone else." She said breathlessly.

"Ok first of Charlie. Breath. It'll be ok, ok? If that boy doesn't love you then he is stupid." I lean into her. She looks into my eyes and I smile. "Your perfect Charlotte Mae Hood in every way."

"You think so?"

"No. I know so."

She doesn't respond because before she could I smash my lips against hers and she responds quickly by kissing back.

I lean back on the pool chair and she leans on top of me not once breaking the kiss.

She is straddling me and kissing me. I then pull away when I see something in a window. "Thomas."

"What?"

"Window."

"Shitt. Ok he can't see us so tomorrow if asks you acted mad ok? And me. Well I'll deal with it."

"Ok. Text me later ok?"

She smiles and pecks my lips once more before going inside to face the music who is named Thomas.

I run home quickly and as soon as I open my door Thomas is calling.

"Hello?" I say acting tired.

"Oh shit did I wake you up?"

"Yes. What the hell do you need?"

"That's my morning sunshine. Come over to my house asap. Charlie was basically having sex with a dude in the backyard."

I smile. "Damn mate. I'll be right over. Let me get changed."

He says a 'Ok' and hangs up. I just wait a few minutes before grabbing my Adidas sandals and sliding them back on.

I jog across the street to the Hood residents and lightly knock on the door. Thomas answered immediately and I see Charlie sitting in the corner couch spot. I smile when I see her and she blushes.

"Ok Charlotte. Who the hell was that guy in the backyard?"

"Who?"

"The Guy Charlotte."

"What?"

"Tell me before I tell dad." Thomas says angrily but sternly. Charlie widens her eyes but continued to act confused.

"What Guy?"

"That's it."

Thomas books it upstairs and to there parents room. Charlie sighs and waves at me.

"I'm sorry your here for this."

"Eh it's fine."

I see Calum and Thomas walk downstairs. Calum looks tired but I can tell he's angry.

"Charlotte Mae Hood. What the hell were you thinking going out side at 11:30 at night? And with a boy?"

"Daddy.."

"What?!"

"He was just a friend. Please don't tell mummy."

"No no no! Don't 'Daddy..' dad. And mum needs to know!" Thomas says. Calum shuts him up.

"One. Last. Chance. No more boys ok? Now we'll talk more in the morning. Go to bed. All of you. Maxwell your welcome to stay here."

"Thank you Mr. Hood."

"It's Calum Mav. I've known you since you were a baby. You can call me by name."

"Ok."

We all go to bed and I smile when u see my guest door open to a little girl.

"Hey Char, what's up?"

"Nothing but I just wanted to do this before I went to bed," she pecked my lips and before we got to engaged she pulled away. "That will never get old."

"Then don't let it."

"What?"

"Ok I know you may not want to but we can try us. If it doesn't work in a week or so we breakup then pretend we're ok. Deal?"

"Deal," She smiles and pecks my lips again. I can't believe she's an amazing kisser and only in 5th grade. Like what? "Ok I've got to go. Good night love."

"Good night Char."

She walks out and blows me a kiss. I pretend to catch it and I press it to my heart. She giggles quietly and then shuts the door. I hear a little 'Goodnight Max. Sleep tight.'

My smile widens if possible and I fall asleep dreaming about the things me and Charlie could be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh I'm tired. I'm in a different time zone and it's messing me up tbh😂🤦‍♀️ anyways there is two more chapters then the Epilogue. Wow. Ok for real this time. Bye. night y'all.