Chapter Three

Hillary's POV

Hillary's POV

I didn't have any Cullens for the rest of my classes which I was glad about. It was now lunch and I knew I would run into all the siblings then. I found Martha waiting for me outside the cafeteria like every day and we went inside. She went into the line for food while I took a seat at our table. I looked around the room but found no sign of that golden-eyed Edward Cullen. I sighed in relief not wanting to see any more of those looks of sadness for me.

Martha sat down across from, setting her tray down. She handed me a can of coke which I gladly took and opened.

"Meet any of the new kids?" She asked with raised eyebrow like she was really interested in what I had to say but I knew otherwise.

"Yeah, Edward Cullen. Weird guy." I shrugged leaning my face onto the cold can. Martha nodded, "you?"

"Rosalie Cullen, or Hale. I don't know." She answered, I knew she was hiding something but I didn't push her.

"Golden eyes?" I asked staring down at her food in disgust.

"Golden eyes." She nodded not even bothering with asking how I knew that. We didn't question each other too much as you can probably tell, we had trust though we didn't know everything about each other. Everyone has their secrets and we have our own, not even letting each other know and we respected that.

I took a sip from the can, feeling the cold liquid fill my mouth and run down my throat. I watch as Martha bites into a sandwich, my stomach suddenly growls so loud the whole cafeteria could probably hear it.

Martha looked at me, "hungry?" She asked.

I shook my head, "Nah, I'm good." I told her, I was obviously lying but she didn't say anything. I sighed and turned my eyes to the window. The clouds had stayed all day, never letting the sunshine through and that was good. The clouds protected me from the sun, they knew I hated it.

I listened as kids gossiped and happily talked with their friends. I heard hushed whispers close to our table about us, they weren't quiet so I could hear exactly what they were saying although I didn't want to. I closed my eyes and rested for a moment, I hadn't got any sleep for two nights and I was finally feeling it though I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight I'd still try.

I was brought back to reality when people started talking about the Cullens again. They had arrived at the cafeteria, all looking extremely beautiful. I didn't dare open my eyes, I didn't want to stare at them like everyone else. I knew Martha was getting a good look though.

"People really need to get a life," Martha spoke, talking about everyone's obsession with the new kids. I nodded in agreement, I opened my eyes keeping them locked onto my sister. I took another sip of my coke then rested my head in my palm.