Chapter Nine

Hillary's POV

Martha and I both dreaded the end of the day, the time when we would have to go home. I wasn't looking forward to seeing the blonde slut or the ass hole we call a father.

The last period came and went slowly but quickly at the same time. I wondered about staying at Charlie's again but knew it would look suspicious and we couldn't always just go to him for help when we could fend for ourselves like grown women.

I glared at the clock hanging on the wall above the door, we only had five minutes till the end of class and everyone was already packed up ignoring the teacher's protests against it. I didn't even wait for the bell before jumping from my seat and out the door to find Martha.

I pushed through the people, not being able to see anything in front of me except for the students hurrying past others. We all wanted the same thing, to get out of this damn building, yet I didn't want to go home either, I was stuck.

Finally making my way to my locker I threw everything I carried into it and slammed it shut. I chose to wait for my sister instead of trying and probably failing to shove my way through the hordes of students. I leaned against my locker causally, my arms crossed and a reserved expression on my face. Nobody dared to look my way except those dumb few.

"Hills, look who I found." A voice woke me from my thoughts. I frowned when I saw Martha standing with the girl I had met not long ago after my meltdown. She waved shyly at me, probably my sister's doing, she could never keep her questions to herself.

I glared at Martha, "what did you say?" I growled, picking her arm off Angela's shoulders and putting it back to her side. Martha rolled her eyes, smirking not so subtly to herself.

"I didn't say anything. I just asked if she was free tonight." She told me, her smirk growing ever so slightly while my glare intensified.

Angela laughed at our behaviour, "it's fine, really. I was just telling her about our newfound pact." She grinned, looking at me with wide joyful eyes. I smiled back without knowing.

Martha saw it and looked at me knowingly, "Yeah, it sounds fun. Thought I might join in on it." She wiggled her eyebrows making Angela laugh.

I shrugged, "whatever, it was Angie's idea so she makes the decisions." I told her. I noticed the students begin to disperse and now the hallway was much quieter but still not empty.

Martha looked at Angela expectantly, "yeah, ok. You can join." She nodded, Martha grinned and we began to walk towards the front doors, Angela walking between us. "So, do you wanna come over to my house to work on that history project?" Angela brought up, turning to Martha.

I frowned, "I didn't know you had a history together." I spoke curiously, sliding my hands into my pockets.

"To be honest, neither did I." Martha told me, "she even sits next to me." She whispers to me like Angela couldn't hear a single thing she was saying and I rolled my eyes, she really does ignore everything. "And yeah, Angie, sure."

"Cool." Was her answer and we began to follow her, she didn't even bother to wonder if it was ok with our parents and that was good. We walked past the Cullens and I noticed them all staring, at what? at us?

Their expressions were varied. Edward Cullen looked to be glaring at nothing, yet he stared in our direction. His jaw was clenched and so was his hands as he stood rigidly next to his car. Jasper Hale watched us with the same pained gaze, his stare was set on me like he knew something that nobody else did and all I could do was look away. Emmett Cullen didn't seem to be too bothered at all, though he did share the activity of staring at us like his family, I saw the smallest of smirks playing on his lips. Rosalie Hale only had eyes for my sister and a special glare for Angela that made me want to go over there and punch her straight in her pretty face but I controlled myself. Lastly was Alice Cullen, she was the one who only had eyes for me which held sadness and worry. Her eyes were so intense that I had to look away like I had with Jasper, I didn't want to stare for too long or I would soon be pulled in.