Chapter Thirteen

Hillary's POV

Hillary's POV

I groaned as my senses began to come back to me. A beeping sound, then the feeling of soft material touching my hands. I grabbed at what I thought was sheets, returning to consciousness.

A bright light pierced at my closed eyes, I opened them only to blind myself for a moment.

"Hillary?" I heard an unfamiliar voice call. I simply groaned in response, trying to get my eyes to adjust to the light.

A cold hand wrapped around my wrist, "Hillary, you fainted due to starvation." The voice spoke softly.

My vision cleared and I saw golden eyes staring back at me. Oh no, another Cullen. This must be the dad . . . the very young dad, who looked to be in his late twenties, early thirties.

"Cullen?" I whispered without thinking. Why was there so many? This is becoming an infestation of beautiful people with the last name Cullen.

The doctor gave me a smile, "yes, I'm sure you know my children." He nodded.

I raised my eyebrows, "many, many children." I mumbled, pushing myself up on the bed.

The man chuckled as he helped me sit up, he seemed very amused and laid back unlike other doctors and nurses I have come across.

"How are you feeling?"

I shrug, "sore, dizzy, sick. The usual."

Doc frowned, "and you usually feel this way? This is normal?"

I nod without a thought, answering his question. He looks concerned, although he has to be, he's a doctor. Still hate it.

"When was the last time you ate anything?"

I think back for a while, "Tuesday, I think."

Doc now looked shocked, "Tuesday? Hillary, it's Saturday."

"Really? I've been out for a day?" I didn't really expect that. The three people that care about me are probably worried sick. Martha's won't know whether to feel angry or sad, Charlie will be plain worried and Ange is going to cry all over me, but that's okay, she's family now.

"Hillary, this shouldn't be normal for you," the man declared, "you're killing yourself."

Rolling my eyes I spoke, "Yeah, like I haven't heard that before."

"I'm serious."

"So am I." I glared, wanting to leave it at that. This guy didn't know anything about me. I know he was only doing his job but that didn't make me feel any better, any less guilty. He was paid to ask questions.