Chapter Fourteen

Hillary's POV

Hillary's POV

I huffed as I quietly sat in Dr Cullen's office. The chair was uncomfortable, the walls the same boring white colour. I glanced at the pictures of him and his family on the walls but not for long.

The man was at his desk, looking at me expectantly. He was waiting for me to speak first but that wasn't going to happen, I didn't care how awkward this was going to get.

"Anything you would like to say, Hillary?" Cullen asked, trying to start a conversation. Why was this man acting as my therapist? Was he even qualified in that aspect?

I shrugged, "no." I spoke bitterly, not wanting to be here and talk about my problems.

Cullen sighed at my stubbornness, he knew now it was going to be harder than he thought to get me to talk.

A frown formed on my face when the man stood from his chair, grabbing his coat that was hanging on the back of his chair. Where was he going? Wasn't this a therapy session?

Cullen looked to me expectantly as he held his hand on the door handle, "coming?"

My frown only deepened but I was also curious, so I followed him out the door and into the hallway.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

Cullen shrugged as I had done, "I don't know." The man stuffed his hands into his pockets, walking out the exit of the building.

I watched him for a moment, debating whether I should catch up with him or just leave him to be his mysterious self. This guy seemed way too young and laid back to be a doctor.

I huffed, rolling my eyes at myself. I wrapped my arms around my body and took off after the blonde doctor.

We casually walked beside one another, the wind blowing through us constantly. I brushed away the hair from my face every two seconds. I didn't exactly want to be out here in the cold, but it was better than being stuck in the hospital all day.

"So," Doc began, "where is your father?"

I narrowed my eyes almost on instinct at that title, "probably back home fucking his whore." I answered bitterly, "sorry." I quickly added after a moment of silence.

"It's alright, Hillary." Cullen smiled warmly, "it seems you and him don't get along well."

I scoffed, "yeah, you could say that again."

"And your sister?"

"Hates the guy."

We stopped at a table near the building. I sat down with a sigh of relief, that wind was taking the energy out of me.