Chapter Five

Hillary's POV

Hillary's POV

Once Edward drove up to his house I was ready to throw up anything that was left in my stomach. I quickly opened the door breathing heavily, trying to stop myself from vomiting everywhere but knowing me nothing would come out and I'd just dry heave everywhere instead.

"Are you alright?" Edward asked walking around to my side. I grabbed onto his arm to keep me steady.

"I'm fine, just a little car sick," I told him honestly. I finally looked up to his house and it literally took my breath away, this place was as beautiful as the faces of the people that lived in it. With floor to ceiling windows and wood covering the whole house, I was amazed as any person would be.

"Do you like it?" Edward asked with a grin, "Esme designed it herself." I nodded in answer to his question.

"This place is awesome," Martha exclaimed looking at the building with just as much amazement. This was the most amazing house we've ever seen and I didn't want to mess it up with my grubby boots and fingers. This place was too nice for me to step foot inside.

"Come on, we'll freeze out here," Edward said walking towards his house. I realised it was still raining, I was too awestruck to notice. I hesitated for a moment before following him up the stairs to the front door, Martha doing the same.

Edward opened the door and I peered inside like a child at a candy shop. Stairs led up to the next floor which we went up.

"Edward? Is that you?" A voice asked from somewhere in the house. Martha and I looked at each other wearily.

"Yeah, Esme. I brought some friends from school." He answered, I gave him a look but he just gave me another crooked grin as if he was amused by all of this.

"Hello." Hearing the same voice I looked up, it was a caramel-haired, golden-eyed woman. Why do they all have golden eyes? "My name is Esme."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Cullen," Martha said with a slight wave, she was being awkward and I wasn't any better.

"Oh please, just Esme will do." She said with a motherly smile, "and you are?"

"I'm Hillary and this is my sister Martha. Edward decided it was a good idea to bring us here instead of leaving us be." I explained giving the said person a glare towards the end.

"Oh, well that's not like him. But I'm glad you are here and out of the rain. You two seem to be drenched." She said rushing off to get something. Esme soon comes back with two blankets that she drapes around us.