Nelson Patricia

Telling a backstory is about trying to portray each character in their prominence. Wherever they gain the most, that's what the lore would show. I'm keeping watch on every single member of Arcana Defenders to reveal their background and character development throughout. I would reveal what's best about them.

_________________________

1324 AD, a man named Nelson Patricia, or Patty, travelled to a forest in order to find a treasure. Patty was a middle-class man residing in an area inside the Grey Barrier. He was just an average swordsman with some military knowledge provided inside his hometown.
Patty's quest was to find a treasure. It's not just a treasure. It's a runesword. A runesword is a sword that gives its wielder powers, as said by the runes carved on the sword. Patty heard from the locals that one of them was in the specific forest that Patty currently travelled to.

The forest was so thick and he could feel that he only rotated around the forest. The wind got hard everytime he rotated around. He initially thought that there actually was a guardian in the area, but he didn't want to believe it too fast. He noticed leaves falling, but out of them, he found something that was a bit perplexing. The leaves flew a little bit upwards. He noticed some kind of force that blew off the leaves upward. He was alone so every puzzle that he tried to solve were on his mind.
"If those leaves got blown off upwards, it means that there must be some source of air below the ground,", said Patty in his mind, "so there must be a secret entrance below! The tough part now is to find a hidden button or a lever...."
Since it was close to where he was standing, he stayed there for a moment, trying to figure out exactly what he needed to find. He got an idea, which was to check the trees around him. Everything seemed normal so he thought that the button or lever must've been camouflaged. There weren't a lot of trees within the vicinity of the air source. He checked the trees and he found nothing. Basically, nothing. They all have the same color, same proportion, everything. After he had checked some of those trees, he got a bit lost.
A couple of minutes later, there was one thing that unsettled him. One tree had a branch, but he felt that the branch wasn't natural.
"If it's natural, I should be able to easily cut it with this sword of mine", said Patty in his mind, then he tried to cut the branch. What a surprise. "What? It isn't very strong?" Said Patty in his mind.
He couldn't fully cut the branch. He only left a little bit on it. He tried to cut branches from other trees and to his surprise, it worked. He was surprised to know that the strong branch was actually a lever. He approached it and pulled it, with a lot of power. It was hard to pull it, but he gave everything he could to pull it. Eventually, he did it.
The lever made a rocky noise. Seconds later, a secret entrance opens. It opens very slowly and dusty. The mistake that Patty did was that he didn't realize that the secret entrance was made out of stone. He could have known it earlier and it would have saved him some time.
After the door had fully opened which resulted in a loud bang, he looked into the entrance.
"Dang, are there no stairs or ladders to go with it? Come on, give my legs a break....", said Patty in his mind.

He prepared himself. Since he had an injury before, he tried to soften his landing by adding layers of leaves and tree branches to the bottom of his footwear. After that, he jumped inside, and BAAAAANNNGGG!
"Damn! Who put a cymbal onto the floor?! Oh, I should be silent...." Patty was shocked to know that he landed on a cymbal floor, "The cymbal must've made a louder sound if I put wood on it...."
Patty rested before he went on to explore the cave. Before he went into the cave, he gathered a bunch of equipment to use. Since he only had a sword, he needed to gather minor equipments, although he still had to know how much his pouches could carry.
He continued his journey. He looked around the cave and found it very calm, even his footsteps can be heard loudly. He felt like there was literally nothing there. No strange creatures, no enemies, etc. The further he got, the more he lost the light source from the entrance, so he used stones that he gathered and a thick stick in order to make a torch. Then, he continued on.
After a couple of minutes of walking and exploring, he came across something that troubled his mind; two different paths. Left and right. He believed that the two paths had different obstacles. He knew that he could only choose one path.
"The path to the left feels...cold, and the path to the right feels...hot. I wonder what they mean....", said Patty in his mind.
"No matter, I'll take the path to the right," he took the path to the right. It seemed like he wouldn't need torches anymore at this point.
"Oh, dang, how could I...."
Patty witnessed fire traps everywhere. He became confused on how to actually pass the area. Even though he isn't very smart, he could still think of a strategy to pass it.
"I shouldn't focus on the fire, I should focus on the hole that produced the fire!" said Patty in his mind, "If I look to each of them, they will spit fire in different patterns. The problem is, they're quite fast...."
It took him more than 10 minutes to learn the patterns. He had to put labels such as A1, B1, so on and all that was to ensure that his plan succeeded. The impressive thing about it was that he didn't need to write them down. Other than that, it seemed to him that the fire traps will repeat the pattern all over again.