Mid Point: A Different Dimension

You need to know how our dimension works before going even further to the book. You already knew that this is a different dimension that nearly connects to the real world, but you still don't know how this dimension works. As the narrator, let me tell you all about it.
When you think of matter, you think of things. Now, imagine that that matter, is something that you've never seen but it's the same thing. That's what our dimension is. We are separated by this different type of matter. This dimension is different to the real world. In here, we can bend the rules the real world would have had.
I had been to the real world before. Now here's the thing. If you go to the real world, you won't be able to return to any dimension unless you have the ability to summon a dimensional rift. A dimensional rift is the only way to go to any dimension if you're stuck in the real world. In different dimensions, there are several dimensional portals that can take you to other dimensions except the real world. To go to the real world, you must open a dimensional rift. A dimensional portal is not strong enough to alter the composition of matter until it can open a rift to the real world.
Now you may ask, how to open a dimensional rift? It's easy to say that you have to learn it. Of course, but the process of learning takes years and it needs complete dedication. Skip just one minute and you'll be out of it. It's such an intense and powerful training. One of Arcana Defenders' members can open a dimensional rift, and he's from Green Barrier. How did he learn that? As I said before, complete dedication. I can also open a dimensional rift. Remember I said that I ever went to the real world? How did I learn it? Same answer, complete dedication.

Dimensional portals already existed five decades since the barriers were created. In every barrier, there is at least one portal, except minor barriers that doesn't have any portals. The earliest ones could only get you to a dimension called The Realms. It is a dimension far from the real world but they have many realms in there which you can enter through realm portals. No one was able to open a single dimensional rift until 11th century, where a man named Horace Grey from Green Barrier learned how to open a dimensional rift by absorbing some energy from a dimensional portal. What he did, not only surprised the whole Green Barrier, but also the whole major barriers. He strengthened the alteration of matter with his energy and he successfully opened a dimensional rift. Zinedine Coulon tried his technique as well and it worked, too.

So, what is the dimensional rift used for? When it was first introduced, it was used only so that people who wanted to travel to other dimensions didn't need to find portals, especially when the location of the portal is far. As generations go on, there's not much rift openers as before because the dedication is too complete for them.
I learned to open dimensional rift back when I traveled to The Realms. I was given a place to stay and that was where I could learn all the secrets to open a dimensional rift. I got it after 5 years of learning. As I said before, it was very complicated. Imagine how much energy I needed to channel in order to create a rift. The good thing about the training was that the amount of energy I had suddenly improved while training. To say the least, I had an insane amount of energy, so as the people who learned how to open a dimensional rift.
It's easy to get to other dimensions when you're in a different dimension but to connect to the real world, you need an insane amount of training, as to open a dimensional rift. If you ask about, "Now, what's the rift used for?"
The rifts are now used for exploration. Exploration, meaning that, it's just different than when it was first introduced. Back then, people simply wanted to roam around it. Now, people wanted to explore a dimension or the real world further. I can't even grasp what they're exploring as even I have done so before.

That's everything about our dimension. Such a good timing, because the next one will be a person from another dimension. He's also one of the founders of Arcana Defenders and the last founder that we would portray.

To be continued.

Author's note:
"Another mid point part finished, thank you for reading this far! If you like it, please vote and comment, I appreciate them so much. See you in the next chapter!"