Michelle Rick (Part 3)

They're still resting but I don't think it's going to end well for them. Yes, they're aware of their surroundings but can they hide forever? That's a question left unanswered for now. You'll see the answer later.

__________________________

The Squad 5 members were still resting. 4 hours had passed since they moved to their last hideout and so far the enemy hadn't come to them yet. The sun almost rose and the members finally woke up in case the enemy ambushed them. Bogdan hadn't slept and he was always awake. Michelle was surprised to see Bogdan still awake.
"Bogdan...*phew*...are you...still awake?" asked Michelle in a sleepy state.
"Yes, I keep watching for enemy movements", said Bogdan.
"Oh...well then...see you...tomorrow...*aaaaaahhhhh...*" said Michelle, sleeping again.
Pat woke up hearing Michelle speak but he was surprised to see him sleeping again.
"Michelle, wake up!" said Pat after lightly slapping Michelle's cheek.
"Oh...damn...oh! It's morning already, sorry, guys", said Michelle, awoke.
"Damn. Bogdan, how's the enemy?" asked Howard.
"They're already in front of us. Judging by their faces, they're waiting for us. They know where we are", said Bogdan.
The Squad 5 members were readying themselves. Not long after that, the window beside the front door broke because of a gunshot. The members knew that they had been spotted.
"We're spotted, Pat!" said Bogdan.
"I'll contact Squad 7", said Pat.
The shots were a lot. Even the members had to crouch every time because one wrong move and they would be dead.
"Everyone, while we hold our position, use smoke bombs! Everyone will deploy two smoke bombs each, I'll start, prepare your goggles, everyone!" said Bogdan.
Bogdan picked up two smoke bombs from his pouch and he threw it at the attacking enemy. The enemy turned out to be the main unit led by Rob Buck. Meanwhile, Pat contacted Squad 7.
"Squad 7, come in!", said Pat.
"Squad 7 here, you sound like you're panicking, what happened?" asked a member from Squad 7.
"We're under attack! I didn't expect they would attack so early!" said Pat.
"We've finished our business here, hold out until we arrive in approximately 20 minutes, good luck, Squad 7 out", said a member from Squad 7.
Even though the smoke bombs messed up the vision of the enemy main unit, they were still able to launch a barrage of shots, making the Squad 5 members unable to attack, especially Michelle.
"Everyone, we all have 6 flashbangs, that means we can give Michelle 30 to 60 shots. We'll wait until the smoke fades out and we'll initialize our strategy. I'll start with mine first", said Pat.
The Squad 5 members kept shooting little by little to divert the main unit's attention. In the side windows, Bogdan saw enemies trying to flank the Squad 5 members.
"Dick, Howard, cover our flank!", said Bogdan.
Dick and Howard started covering their flank to minimize the number of bullets passing through. The fight went on very loudly. Some of the members couldn't hear what was going on and even to tell something, they had to speak very loudly. The smoke also faded out and Pat threw another two smoke bombs to distract them further.
Not even 5 minutes yet, they were already feeling the pain of continuing, but they never surrendered. They still went on with their determination. The smoke that came from Pat's smoke bombs finally faded out.
"Alright, guys, time to execute our plan! Dick and Howard will keep covering our flank while Bogdan and I will help Michelle, give us your flashbangs, Dick, Howard!" said Pat. Dick and Howard then threw their flashbangs to Pat.
"First flashbang incoming!" said Pat.
Michelle readied himself. Once the flash went in, Michelle aimed and shot one enemy, Bogdan also shot one and they went back to cover while Bogdan prepared another flashbang.
"Second flashbang incoming!" said Bogdan.
Michelle readied himself again. The flash went in again and Michelle shot one enemy again. Pat also shot one enemy and he prepared another flashbang while the others return to cover.
As the enemies decreased, the enemy ranks realized that they couldn't flank anymore. Dick and Howard regrouped to the other members.

7 minutes had passed and they had already used 14 flashbangs. They managed to reduce the enemy unit without taking a lot of damage. It was 8 minutes left before Squad 7 arrive and the enemy main unit started to get more aggressive. They were pinning down the Squad 5 members by throwing bluff frag grenades at them so they really couldn't get out of their cover. Even if it was a bluff frag, the impact would still hit them if they got out of cover.
"Let's go to the top floor, guys, throw some smoke bombs!" said Pat.
Dick and Howard let out their smoke bombs and threw them. As the smoke faded in, the Squad 5 members ran to the top floor. Because the smoke bombs messed up the view of the enemy, they didn't realize that the Squad 5 members had moved up, except for one man, Rob Buck.
"Hold your fire! They moved up, prepare our grenade launcher and we'll breach the top floor", said Rob Buck.
Pat heard it because the outside went quiet and told it to the members.
"Alright, guys, once they breach the wall with the grenade launcher, it will produce smoke temporarily. Michelle, in that temporary smoke, throw a frag grenade", said Pat.
"Alright, Captain", said Michelle.
"Pat, are you sure about this?" said Bogdan.
"Bogdan, you don't need to doubt Michelle", said Pat.
Michelle readied himself. Bogdan didn't know what Michelle was thinking.
A minute later, the enemy main unit deployed their grenade launcher and breached the top floor wall. While the smoke was being produced, Michelle ran and threw what was actually a flashbang. The other members didn't realize it but as the flash went in and blinded the enemy, Michelle took aim to target the grenadier.
"Flashbang? Michelle, come back!", Pat yelled at Michelle.
Michelle didn't care about the warning and he shot the grenadier. As he was preparing to go back, Rob Buck let out his machine gun and shot Michelle a number of times in the chest.
"Ack!" Michelle got shot by the enemy.
"Michelle!" Pat went to bring back Michelle. He saw Michelle wounded and pulled him to safety. After that, Pat deployed a smoke bomb and a frag and threw them at the enemy. Dick and Howard volunteered to push the enemy for a while.
"Michelle, why are you doing that?" asked Pat, worried about Michelle's life.
"*pant* *pant*, I have to...kill the grenadier...*cough* *cough*", said Michelle while coughing blood.
"Damn, I shouldn't have asked the medic team to leave...." said Pat while looking down, realizing his mistake.
"Captain...no need to worry...I can hang on...*cough* *cough*" said Michelle, still coughing blood.
Dick and Howard managed to push the enemy for a while but they were also pinned down. Both of them didn't know how long they could stand. If they regroup to Pat, they would've be fragged by the enemy. Pat thought that it was the end for them.