Tommy Rick

Years after Michelle's death, Tommy Rick had grown in age and maturity. He wasn't that little kid who wanted the attention of his brother anymore. Heck, he even joined the military police where Michelle used to be, but this part tells a different story.

__________________________

1342 AD, Tommy Rick was convicted for the death of his father, even though he didn't do it. He was held captive on a military ship. The ship wasn't owned by a military police, but a military army. 11 years had passed since Michelle's death and the military police had lost quite a number of members in the war including the former Squad 5 members, Dick Gaading who died out of illness in 1334 AD, Pat Lyod who died because he was betrayed by his doctor in 1332 AD, who turned out to be a spy, and Bogdan Minkov who died in a war in 1337 AD. Rob Buck and Roger Jr. from Green Barrier both defected and joined the military police. Rob Buck was tired of James Cornwall's orders, Roger Jr. acted as an informant and he still went to his original side occasionally to gain information.
Meanwhile in the ship, Tommy sat down and looked through the window. As he felt by the wind, he believed that the ship was going north. With only a dim light acting as a lamp, he started thinking on how to get out of the ship. The door was closed and all of his equipments were looted. He only looked at his surroundings, trying to find something that could possibly help him get out of the ship.
He tried to look for things that could help him but before he got to it, a guard opened the door. Tommy quickly went back to what he was normally doing.
"Tommy Rick, here's your meal", said the guard.
"Thank you." said Tommy, "By the way, where am I going, though? Why is the direction north?" asked Tommy.
"You're ordered to be exiled to Blue Barrier", said the guard.
Tommy thought for a moment, then he realized that he didn't want it, but he went on with the answer, anyway.
"Alright, sir, got it", said Tommy.
"Well, then, I'll see you soon", said the guard.
Tommy ate the food that the guard gave to him. It was delicious and Tommy thought he was being served as a king. After he had eaten his food, he didn't want to waste time, so he tried to craft whatever things inside the room. The room where Tommy was held captive in was a medium-sized room with a lot of empty spaces. There was a toilet, a sink, and a bed in a single room. Tommy thought that there was nothing left, but he finally got an idea. The spoon and fork that the guard gave to him could be a potential tool. He bent one point of the fork so it would shape like a torsion wrench. Before he could try and open the door, there was a key sound at the other side of the door and it turned out to be a guard. Tommy put the spoon and fork behind him.
"Finished the food? Let me bring that." said the guard, "Eh? Where does the spoon and fork go?"
Tommy thought for a moment, and he thought it was a good chance to show off his fighting skills.
"Hey, where are the spoon and the fork?" asked the guard.
Tommy smiled.
"It's in your nose!" Tommy stood up and kicked the guard's chin up. Then, Tommy turned the guard's body around and grabbed the guard by the neck and the mouth. The guard couldn't say anything and he choked. After a couple of seconds, the guard went unconscious.
"Damn, I didn't need to use the utensils at all, but at least it was a good set up." said Tommy, "Thanks for giving me a very delicious food. I'll leave the key here to pay for your kindness", said Tommy to the unconscious guard as he left the door and closed it.
Tommy had to initialize stealth as he couldn't attract even a single attention. He wasn't armed at that time and he would be dead if he made the wrong move. The ship had an inside which was very complex, full of doors, and could potentially surprise him. He tried to move slowly, walking from heel to toe in order to suppress noise. In minutes, he found a window which couldn't be opened but at least he could see the outside. He saw Grey Barrier from there and he continued his stealth. This was where it gets tough. He went up to the outside and saw guards. It was lucky that the ship wasn't just an open area, there were actually many stacked boxes which could help Tommy hide. He wanted to jump to the water but he saw a boat beside the ship. To get to it, Tommy had to distract the guards near the ladder.
Tommy tried to get closer but he had no idea on how to pass them so he waited. According to the moon's position, Tommy knew that it was 04:30 AM. He got to hurry because in the morning, he would easily be spotted by the guards, but he had no idea. Just as he was about to try and knock the guards out, the alarm rang.
"Warning! Warning! Tommy Rick has broken loose! I repeat, Tommy Rick has broken loose!" said a guard on the tower.
"This is my chance", said Tommy in his mind.
He waited for the guards to leave first. After that, he went on. Before he got to it, the guards turned on spotlights everywhere. Tommy got delayed again.
"Damn, what should I do?" asked Tommy to himself.
He thought for a moment, then he got a brilliant idea.
"I can grab on here, and go sideways until I reach the ladder", said Tommy in his mind. He meant to grab on the edge in order to avoid the spotlights.
He wanted to grab on the edge, but the spotlight moved.
"Damnit!" He quickly backed off and tried to evade the light.
He waited for a couple of seconds so the spotlight would move. After the spotlight had moved, Tommy went back to grab on the edge.
He dropped his right leg first and turned his body so that he could adjust. After that, he dropped the remaining leg. He struggled to grab on because the edge was a bit slippery but he got it, anyway.
Once he already held on the edge, he tried to move to the left in order to reach the ladder. It was quite hard because it used a lot of energy in his hands. It took him a full minute in order to reach the ladder even though the distance was only around a meter. He went down the ladder and got to the boat. Then, he cut the rope that held boat and went on. He looked at the ship one last time. He looked at the time and it showed 04:47 AM so it was safe. He finally went to the barrier.