Errand Lightning (Part 2)

Errand was still nervous when he met Dave Benson. He just couldn't stand how afraid he is by meeting him. The problem, he hadn't known Dave Benson's personality yet. He just kept thinking of what Frederick said to him. Let's continue it.

_____________________________

Dave Benson stood on a rock while looking at Errand.
"Sorry to make you sweat like that, I'm just passing by. This is one of my training places. Even if anyone find this place, they usually won't stay. The fact that you stayed, means that you have something to ask, right?", said Dave Benson.
Errand finally calmed himself down. Dave was relieved.
"Well, I...",
"What? You what?", asked Dave.
"I want to learn how to manipulate lightning", said Errand.
Dave jammed a bit. Then, he smiled.
"Hm, very well. Before that, let me ask you a question. What's your purpose in learning my lightning magic?" asked Dave.
Errand thought of the answer for a moment.
"Well, I want to become stronger, that's all", said Errand.
Dave smiled.
"Haha, you remind me of my master. I used to say that to him as well. Ready to start now?".
"I would have started without being asked to", said Errand.
Dave jumped off the rock that he was standing on. After that, he started to make some moves which Errand had no idea about.
"Listen, the key to mastering lightning magic is energy generation and control. Unlike real electricity, our lightning is made out of energy, so it will not be as strong. Unlike real electricity, we can increase the intensity of our lightning anyway we want as long as we can generate and control it", said Dave.
"Hm, very complicated", said Errand.
"This is no theory, um...I forgot to ask your name".
"Errand...Errand Nielson".
"Alright, Errand. This element can only be understood by practicing it. It can only be understood by feeling it with your own body. Now, the basic thing is a lightning ball. Imagine it and generate it on your hands",
"Alright!", said Errand in high spirits.
Errand went on and tried to make a lightning ball.
"Imagine you're gathering all your energy and send them all into the palm of your hands, then form a ball", said Dave.
"Dang...it's so hard...".
Errand tried hard to create a lightning ball, but still no results. Time went on, 10 minutes had passed and he hadn't been able to create a lightning ball yet. Eventually, he stopped.
"Dave, why is it so hard to generate it?"
"Haha, I only wanted to test how much energy you can send. Judging from your aura, you had a great start", said Dave. Errand was surprised.
"Tch, you didn't say it that way...".
Dave closed his eyes and smiled.
"Errand, if I told you the real deal, you wouldn't have tried as hard. I say you did it well", said Dave.
"Okay, so, how do I create this lightning ball?", asked Errand.
"That part is honestly easy but first, you need some zap", said Dave.
"A zap? Wha--",
ZZZZZRRRRRRTTTTT!
"Ack!"
Errand felt the pain of the lightning.
"Dave, you said that it isn't as powerful as a real electricity", said Errand.
"Oh, sorry, forgot to say that your body needs to accustom itself to it".
"Again, you didn't say it that way, it's even worse than the previous one",
"Oh, come on, chill. The fun part is here now. Like you did before, try making a lightning ball now, it should be easier", said Dave.
"Okay, then...",

Errand channeled his energy and sent it onto his palms again. Dave was surprised, this time he felt that Errand was sending lightning onto his palms. He was surprised about how fast Errand developed. In a moment, Errand made a lightning ball.
"I did it! Is this lightning ball?", asked Errand happily.
"You didn't make a full ball but it's good enough. Let's move on", said Dave as he moved on to the next step.
"The second step is lightning armor", said Dave.
"What? Lightning armor? What's that?", asked Errand curious.
"Lightning armor is simply your channeled lightning sent around the body. Its purpose is to minimize damage on fights. It's like a protective shield", said Dave.
"Can you show me? It seems tougher".
"Heh, that's why I'm here", said Dave.
Dave channeled his energy and sent it onto his body. Errand could see it already, Dave's focus was on a higher level than him. Not long after that, he finally created a lightning armor.
Zzzzrrrttttzzzzzrrrrrtttt!!!!!
"Here it is, lightning armor", said Dave. Errand was in awe.
"Wow, that is awesome!"
"Do the same as you did with the lightning ball but this time, send your energy to your whole body parts", said Dave.
Errand started to do it. Dave looked at Errand, impressed by his learning speed. He thought, Errand was fast at learning the basics but he doubted him on the complex parts.
While Errand was channeling the energy, Dave manipulated electricity particles from the air.
"That was close, Errand", said Dave.
"Close, what?".
"You almost did it. Keep it up".
"Okay!", said Errand in high spirits.
Not long after that, Errand finally created the lightning armor.
Zzzzzzrrrrrrtttttzzzzzzrrrrrtttt!!!!
"You did it, Errand", said Dave.
"Now, have I mastered lightning magic?", asked Errand in high spirits.
"Oh, no, these are just the basics of controlling it", said Dave.
"What? Come on, you didn't say it that way...", said Errand, annoyed.
"I thought I told you a couple of minutes ago that you need to push yourself even in the basics", said Dave.
"Well, you're right, after all...".
"Here comes the hard part now, Errand. It's time for something that I call, 'The Heavy Drill'", said Dave. Errand didn't react and jammed for a moment.
"The...Heavy Drill? Do we use that kind of drill to train our magic? How much lightning do we need to--".
"I want to test your skill, you dunce, this is the hard part. I'll give you one minute, use all of your basics and defend against my attacks. I'll be serious and use lightning against you, Errand", said Dave.
"Wait, what are we--",
"Start!"
"Oh, shit, I have to make something", said Errand while being confused.