four

| ETHAN'S POV |

it was just him and i. we were at the beach, sitting on towels, laughing our asses off at i cant remember what. but i didn't care. i was with him, that's all that mattered. i've been here before, this has happened. i remember it like yesterday. it's just weird that i'm dreaming it all of the sudden. i haven't dreamt about grayson since he passed.

"dude you're so fucking lucky, i don't even think you realize it." he looked at me with those eyes that i missed more and more everyday.

"i know bro. i love her so much."

i remember saying those words, and meaning them. i wouldn't say that shit today. it just shows how different everything is without him here.

"just do me a favor."

"what?"

"don't fuck it up."

-

i jumped up in my bed, out of my dream. why the fuck did that just happen. i hate dreaming about him, but i want to. i want to see him, but i can't when tatum is involved. it fucking ruins the dream. i rolled my eyes and got out of bed. i threw on some clothes and went downstairs to hear someone going through the cabinets. tatum is never up this early, who the fuck is in my house? the rummaging grew louder so i grew angrier.

i grabbed a broom from against the wall and ran around the corner into the kitchen.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE Y-" i stopped telling as i realized it was just her.

"oh, it's you." i scoffed and shoved the broom back against the wall.

"mhm." her voice was quiet and sad.

"quiet today are we?" i raised my eyebrows as i grabbed a water from the fridge.

she said nothing and continued looking through the cabinets.

wtf is her problem?

"surprised you got rid of that bitchy attitude."

no response.

"i cant believe i'm saying this, but can you fucking say something please?!" i slammed the fridge to get her attention.

"okay. my neck is fucking killing me because of you and i can't find the ibuprofen. satisfied?" she walked past me and turned the corner to the living room.

i don't get why she's so pissed. jesus christ, she complains about something on her body hurting all the time. it's not my fault she's so fucking obnoxious that i cant help but want to ring her neck.

"you take that shit everyday, it's probably gone." i yelled to her hoping to get a reaction.

"shut the fuck up."

i turned around quickly. i heard it again. just like yesterday when i put my hands on her neck. someone told me to take my hands off. it scared the living shit out of me. i've been trying to figure it out since it happened. it sounded so fucking familiar. tatum seemed to not hear it, but i sure as hell did.

"what the actual fuck." i almost whispered it.

"you good?" how the hell did she hear me.

"yeah, and i found the ibuprofen. you didn't look hard enough." i walked into the living room and threw the shit at her to show i was pissed.

she put one of them in her hand and pointed to my water bottle.

"hell no. get your own."

"that was the last one."

"well your nasty ass isn't contaminating my water, just swallow it for fucks sake."

"just give her the fucking water."

i flinched again. now i'm furious. what is this voice and why does it keep defending her.

"okay tatum stop with the sketchy ass noises, it's not funny." i wanted to punch her.

"what noises, ethan?"

"you know what i'm talking about, cut the shit."

"i honestly don't. i think you're hearing things."

| TATUM'S POV |

he's not hearing things. i hear it too and it's scary as hell. it's familiar, too familiar. why does it keep telling me to do these things. to stand up for myself, and to not listen to ethan. it's like it's trying to change something.

"you can't hear that?" he was seriously concerned. so was i. but i played along so i could figure this out.

"no, ethan. not at all."

"hold on. stand up." his eyebrows raised in curiosity.

i hesitated.

"i'm not gonna fucking kill you, just stand over here."

i got up off the couch, walked around and stood next to him. he slowly put his hands on my neck and applied pressure.

"OKAY IM STOPPING, IM STOPPING!" he threw his hands up as his eyes searched around.

"stopping what?"

"touching you i guess?" he sounded genuinely concerned, part of me was happy.

"did you hear something again?" i asked, already knowing the answer.

"yeah, someone yelled at me to stop. their voice was familiar but i just cant figure out where i've heard it before."

i wanted to tell him, but i also wanted to let it play out. i wanted to figure out who's voice this was on my own. obviously this person wants things back the way they were. there's only one person who comes to mind. grayson. but it's odd that ethan doesn't recognize his voice. i didn't either at first, but the more i thought about it, the more i knew it was him. why else would i be having these memory dreams. grayson wants the old ethan back.

-

40 votes for next chapter