epilogue

love
(noun)
an intense feeling of deep affection

-

ethan promised to love me for the rest of our lives. he promised to never let me go, and to make me smile. let's just say he got right to the point that night after we left the rooftop, glad that both of us were still alive.

it's been a few years. i've gone through many firsts, a few seconds, and a whole lot of memories that ethan and i decided to remake. we went everywhere we could think of that grayson used to love. we remade pictures, and met up with old friends. but most importantly, we made time for just each other. to take in every aspect of what we missed when life took a turn. i swear we spent hours just gazing into each other's eyes, reminiscing on memories.  the best part is that through all of this, we still hear grayson. he still tells us how proud he is of what we've become, and how happy he is that our hearts have finally learned to love each other again.

let's go back to those first and seconds. ethan and i decided to get married rather quickly, and have a child even quicker. well, the second one was a little bit of a surprise but we are still more thankful than ever. god blessed us with a baby girl, brandy. she has ethan's hazel/green eyes and my dark hair. raising a child hasn't been easy. ethan had to get a job, and i had to figure out how to be a mom at only 20. but not once, did ethan leave my side. he came home from work as early as he could, just to help me. i'll never forget how nervous he was to leave us on his first day:

"okay, i'm ready." he fixed his posture and ran his fingers through his hair.

"you look amazing." i ran my small hands along the clean black suit he was wearing, as i held our 10 month old daughter on my hip.

"i don't want to leave." he frowned as he kissed brandy on the head. her tiny fingers wrapped around his thumb, making my heart pound out of my chest from happiness.

"it's okay, ethan. we'll be fine." i assured him as i pecked his lips.

"are you sure? i don't have to do this, i can stay-" i cut him off.

"ethan, i've got it." i chuckled.

"okay, i love you." he smiled at me.

brandy whined.

"i love you too, princess." he kissed her little hand and walked to the door.

"ethan."

he turned around.

"be good today, got it?"

"got it." he smiled.