fifteen

before he could defend what i said, i ran to my room and dug out my suitcase from my closet as quickly as i could. tears streamed down my face at a rapid pace as i shoved my clothes in my bag.

the room soon grew cold, he's here.

"tate, don't do this."

"why grayson? i'm not happy here! he's caused me enough pain, im done." i sighed with undecided emotions. i don't know what i want anymore.

"you need each other, just trust me. i've been trying to fix him."

"he doesn't need me. i'm useless to him, there's no use for me to stay."

there was a brief moment of silence before i finally heard his echo of a voice speak again.

"i caused you to dream about ethan saving you. you guys have been having the same dreams lately, but this one i gave to only you."

"why would you-" he cut me off.

"i wanted to teach you that no matter how much he may seem to start acting the way he used to, you can't fall for his game. i didn't want him to use you, or break your heart even more than he already did. but i was wrong, ethan does care deep down. i know he does, but you're the only one who can teach his heart to show affection again."

he was looking out for me like usual. but this dream really screwed with my head. ethan doesn't care, i'm convinced he doesn't.

"you made it seem so real. ross was in my other dream, and you were even speaking to me as the dream went on." i ignored his statement about ethan.

"these dreams are meant to teach you, and help you make the right decisions. i try to make them seem as real as possible, but i shouldn't of given you that one. i was wrong about him, tate."

"well none of them can change my decision about leaving." again, ignored his mention of ethan.

i got no response from him, so i continued to pack. i dragged my shit down the stairs, went outside and shoved it in my car. ethan was nowhere to be found and quite frankly, i couldn't care less. it was almost 4 a.m. and i had no idea where the hell i was going, i just needed to leave. i pulled out of the driveway, looking back at the house in my mirror. it caused me so much pain, and i'm finally leaving. i should be ecstatic, but honestly i don't know what to feel.

-

i drove until the sun came up, and my car was almost out of gas. i stopped at a 7-eleven to fill it up, and think about what the hell my life is coming to. i still have no clue where to go. i just need somewhere to clear my mind. i found myself driving to the lake that the twins and i used to come to when we needed to relax.

i got out of my car and sat on a bench, looking at the sun rise over the water. it sparkled as the rays hit it, blinding me. suddenly it's like i could see lake memories, through a white haze:

"you'll be fine, i promise." ethan spoke softly as grayson nodded his head in agreement.

ethan held his arms out as i stood at the back of the dock.

"what if you can't catch me?" my worried voice made him frown.

"i'll catch you, you can trust me." he assured me as a smile returned to his face

it was pitch black outside. i looked out over the dark water, knowing there were sharp rocks everywhere underneath. ethan was treading water so he could stay afloat, that's how deep it was. i was terrified of going over my head, or possibly drowning ethan.

"ethan, i'm scared."

"you can do it, princess."

his words caused me to run down the dock as my feet hit the hot wooden surface from the sun during the day. i leaped off, expecting an impact much worse since i could barely see him. but he caught me, perfectly. i fell into his arms as he wrapped them around my waist, holding me tight.

"i told you." he smiled.

-

"i remember that night."

his voice snapped me back to reality, along with a car door slamming behind me that i ignored.

"you wouldn't go in the water at all before that. you trusted him, and he didn't let you down."

"that was years ag-" i tried to respond to grayson when i was cut off by an unfamiliar voice from behind me.

"who are you talking to?"

-

ugh sorry for the short chapters

100 votes for next one