Chapter Five

Herrmann's point of view.

By entering my kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised by the presence of Charly. As a matter of fact, since a couple of days, neither Cindy nor I have seen her. Since she learned the truth about what happened in Austin, she barely gets out of our guest room, she barely eats, barely talks and barely sleeps.

"Morning Charly!" I smiled.

"Morning Christopher!" She replied, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks! So, what are your plans for today?" I asked her.

"I got an appointment with this cop of the Intelligence Unit. Erin Lindsay, it seems to be", she answered. "I have some questions to ask her about Austin."

"Take it easy", I advised her.

"I need to put that behind me once and for all. The sooner this is settled, the better I will carry", she contradicted me, before watching her watch. "I'm already late. See you later!" she yelled.

"Be careful", I said, watching her leave the kitchen then the house.

Charly's point of view.

After what looks like half an hour of walking around the streets of the Windy City, I finally stopped in front of the twenty-first district. Amounting the first stairs and after looking around me, I was welcomed by a woman in uniform, working behind a counter.

"Hello", I smiled nervously.

"What can I do for you?" she asked me.

"I have an appointment with Erin Lindsay", I said.

"Wait a minute", she ordered.

I look at her, dial a number and talk with someone through the phone. Two minutes later, the officer, called Platt according to her badge, invited me to follow her upstairs. The stairs let place to six offices separated by nothing but air.

"Thanks, Trudy!" Erin said, walking towards me. "Follow me!"

Without saying anything but watching the others detectives, I follow her until in a room that looks like their restroom. She gives me a cup of coffee before inviting me to sit down on the couch.

"I'm glad you come, Charly!" She smiled.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Sure."

"How did we meet?"

"Smith, keep these people away!" Casey ordered me.

Halligan in my right hand, I started to walk towards the curious persons who impinge the accident's scene.

"Sir, you cannot be here! Move back, please!" I tried politely.

"Why don't you come here and show me your bitch's talent", he smiled.

"I said, "Move back"! So get out of here before I have to use force", I tried again.

"They don't teach you to execute an order in the Academy? Come here, we can have fun."

Angry, I approached this asshole and stopped myself in front of his face.

"Get out of here now, before I sink you my halligan in your pervert's throat!" I barked.

"You excite me!" He laughed.

And before I can jump on him and kick his ass, Cruz and a pretty woman with a CPD badge stopped me.