Chapter Six

Casey's point of view

The shift started for two hour now and we already had a tough call. A husband and father of three kids died in the fire, desperately trying to protect and saved all his family. Truck 81 is the last one to come back to the station.

"Severide, can I talk to you?" I asked my fellow lieutenant just after putting off my gear.

He simply nods and follows me to my office.

"What's wrong with your shoulder?" I asked directly, noticing that he rubs his shoulder for a couple of weeks now.

"It's my neck, not my shoulder and I'm fine, thanks for your concern" he replied, curtly.

"I'm just worried about you, Kelly"

"You shouldn't"

"If you have a problem, we all have a problem."

"Right now, I'm not in the good mood to hear that we all are a family and blah blah blah" Severide replied.

"Listen to me! Here, we perfectly understand that what you go through it's really complicated, but every people in this house count on you to do your job."

"Whoah" Kelly started, tears in the eyes "Yeah, right, you perfectly understand, this is why no one of you talks to me for what looks like a couple of months."

"We didn't know what to do..."

"Me neither" He cut me. "The woman I love more than being a firefighter not remember me and left for another state and my best friend since kindergarten died during a call under your supervision, and for your well-being, I should have what? Smile? Laugh?"

"We all lost Darden" I replied.

"Say that to your bunch of idiots who perfectly make me understand that I should have vent the back"

"Kelly, stop!" Shay tried, knowing her best friend.

"Oh! But you told me that too, Casey!" He finally yelled, before leaving me here with Shay.

"What do you want?"

"Erin wants to see you in Boden's office." She announced me. "I gonna talk to him".

Whereas I start walking towards Chief Boden's office, Shay caught me up.

"He didn't think what he said" She tried.

As an answer, I just sighed and walked away. In front of the door of my superior, I stopped myself and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He screamed softly.

"Erin! Chief!" I saluted. "What can I do for you?"

"For now, you are the only one that Charly trusts" she started.

"Something happened?" I asked, worried.

"No! Not something like that anyway. We find a way to punish her rapist and if you can be there for her..."

"Of course!" I cut her. "What do you want to do?"

"Send her to Austin, with you. Like if it's a transfer."

"Send her in the mouth of the wolf is your plan?" I questioned, shocked by the sayings of the detective.

"We need confessions and it's the only way to have it."

"How should we proceed?" I asked, in an accepting sign. 

Shay's point of view.