Chapter 2 ~Part One~

The Winchesters were exhausted by the time they came home to the bunker, Castiel right along with them as he carried in the small girl they had stumbled upon. Sam and Dean had dropped several bags of things at the door, too tired to actually bring them anywhere else as they trudged down the bunker's stairs and slumped into chairs. Castiel walked more gingerly than usual as he was afraid to wake the girl again. The past events flashed in his mind quickly;

"So what the hell do we do now?" Dean asked with his hands stuffed into his pockets. This was not normal, and they specialized in not normal. 

Sam kept the girl in his arm stiffly as he looked at his brother,

"Why would I know?" 

"Well you're the smart one right Sammy? You can figure it out!" Dean answered back with a grin, clapping him rather hard on the back. 

The girl gave a squeak and slapped Dean's hand away from Sam, her eyebrows moving down in a pout "No hits! Is naw nice!" she scolded while wagging her finger in his face. 

Castiel and Sam both looked between the two. Dean looked rather offended and held his stricken hand in his other while the girl looked expectantly at him "Ah....sorry?" he said looking at his brother and Castiel. 

The girl seemed content with this and relaxed her face again before burying her face in Sam's shoulder. They all relaxed as the tense moment faded and Sam spoke again "We can't just leave her here. She doesn't look capable of taking care of herself." he noted as he motioned to her cradled in his arm. 

Dean shook his head with a strained chuckle coming from his mouth "We can't do this man! It's not our fault she's...well like that. What is that anyway?" he asked turning to Castiel. 

Said Angel was rubbing at his chin thoughtfully while looking around the room. He could take a guess on what her affliction was but it was just that; a guess "I'm assuming it is a regression in age, where a person acts younger than they really are as a form of therapy." 

The brothers looked stunned and shot eachother looks before looking at the girl Who was now beginning to play with Sam's hair. So it was a mental thing, and not just an abnormality....this somehow made then more sympathetic to her. They knew they had issues, god himself (and his angels) knew they had them. So if this girl had found a way to cope with this, who the hell were they to judge? 

Dean nodded as Sam set her down again "Alright so now we know what her deal is, but what do we do with it? And why was a demon keeping her here?"

No one could tell then why she was being kept here, except for the girl herself who was now playing with what looked like a set of toy keys and not paying attention. Sam kneeled next to her slowly, not wanting to scare her since he was so large, and talked in a soothing voice "Do you know your name?" 

She looked up at them all with a look of confusion before she looked down again to play with her keys "Ask Da." 

This made them all look at eachother in a mixture of shock and worry. If that is what she called the demon that they killed then what would be her reaction when she heard they had killed him? Dean kneeled next to Sam and gave a smile her way "He told us to ask you doll." he lied smoothly. 

She perked up automatically and gave another wide trusting smile "Is Awia! Wike a song!" 

"So your name is Aria! That's such a pretty name." Sam said nodding his head. Getting a last name from her would be pretty pointless so he continued to talk as Dean gave Castiel an exasperated look over her baby talk,

"So Aria, your...Da...had to go away for a bit. So you're going to come with us. Is that okay Aria?" All three men looked at her while waiting for her response, but she just shook her head and started playing with her toys again "Naw, I stay hewe." she told them without a single care.

Dean was all too happy to comply with this "Well we tried our best, let's get go-" 

he was interrupted by Sam "Dean, we can't just leave her here." he said calmly. 

Castiel nodded in agreement with Sam as Dean groaned and looked between them. He didn't get why they wanted to help her so bad. I mean sure she looked pretty helpless, but it wasn't their responsibility "C'mon guys, this isn't what we do okay? We hunt monsters, we don't babysit Stockholm's poster child." 

Before either Castiel or Sam could respond, Aria stood up and walked over to her bed, a slight bounce in her step as she grabbed a book off of the nightstand and brought it back. She plopped down on her bum before thrusting the book at Castiel 

"Stowy 'fowe bed," she explained "So I tan seeps." 

Castiel gave both Winchesters a slightly frightened look before sitting next to her and beginning to read. This gave them both the opportunity to move away a bit and discuss this out of the vicinity of Aria.

"We can't take her man," Dean began with a shake of his head "There is no way we can take care of ourselves let alone another person." 

Sam nodded his head and sighed. It wasn't like he didn't understand what Dean was saying, he just didn't really see much of a choice at this time. They couldn't just dump her somewhere with her condition. You could say they were just worried they would end up getting her killed like everyone else that stayed around them for too long. Except Cas (due to that supreme angelness). Both brothers looked over to where Aria was, half laying in the angel's lap with her cheek pressed against his thigh and snoring softly. Sam thought she was quite cute, and he knew Dean thought so as well, so they both looked at eachother before their collective mind was made up. 

Dean stuffed his hands in his pocket and woke up "Alright she's coming with us. Hey doll," he kneeled down and shook her shoulder carefully "Time to get up." 

Immediately a piercing cry filled the air as Aria was jolted out of her sleep, her head falling back with the sound. Castiel narrowed his eyes at Dean as he set the book down and Sam picked her up again to see if it would work "Start packing her things before she wakes the neighbors." he grumbled as Aria laid her head in the crook of his neck and bawled.

And so it went. Castiel and Dean packed things up but every time they thought they were almost done, Aria bawled and pointed for another forgotten object. Once it was a teddy bear, and then it was her favorite books. When they had finally gotten her into the back of the Impala she lulled her head around and whined for a 'cuppy' which none of the boys had any idea what that meant until Sam figured it out and ran back inside to pick up a sippy cup from the fridge and ran back out. By the time they got home she was kicking Dean's seat and bawling because she did not like cars apparently. The moment Castiel picked her up however, she went slack against him and began to snore. And now there were home, exhausted and needing to figure this out. Atleast while she was still asleep.

((Took awhile huh. But it's up for the few people that read my stories. Love y'all!))