Chapter 4 ~Part One~

Now Aria wasn't sure where she was but she knew she was warm and it smelled very nice. She also didn't remember much of the morning. But do you know what she did know?

She was very very hungry.

Climbing from the warmth of the bed she fixed her skirt and huffed out a sigh, feeling sweaty and icky from sleeping under such a thick blanket. The room she was in had brick walls and no windows, but it was filled with things that she wanted to touch but didn't. She noticed that she was alone. Those three men had been with her this entire time, where were they now? Catching sight of the door, she opened it wide and peered into the hallway. Both sides of it were long, but on the left side she could swear she heard talking so she went that way, keeping her hand along the wall so she wouldn't get lost.

She found Sam, Dean, and Castiel all sitting in a large room that had a glowy table. They were all talking in quiet voices, Castiel sounding disgruntled about something.

"This is ridiculous. We tried it your way and now she won't wake up." Cas grumbled crossing his arms over his chest. 

Dean sighed at his words and nodded his head "Yeah, okay, I get it. I was wrong, are ya happy?"

"I don't think that is what Cas means Dean." Sam spoke up while typing on his computer "It says here that if we just follow along, sooner or later she will come out of the regression on her own. Then we can ask her where she's from and get her back there." 

"Da?"

All three men jumped at the sound of her voice, Dean nearly falling out of his chair while Sam whirled around to look at her. Aria was waiting expectantly, her eyes clear and curious. Dean was about to speak but the words jumbled themselves in his mouth before he huffed and looked back to Sam for some sort of help. The taller Winchester shrugged helplessly before looking back to his computer and rereading the article he had found, nodding after he had finished.

"Aria." he said, standing up and walking to her with a smile on his face, "Your..Daddy? He had to go away, so he told us to take care of you instead."

When he finished talking they all held their breath, waiting to see how she would respond. Aria was quiet before she looked down and her hair covered her face. Castiel stepped forward to be shoulder to shoulder with Sam

"We promise we will take very good care of you." he said earnestly, his heart going out toward her and what she was probably feeling; Abandonment. It was their fault, his in particular since he did the deed, and that made it even more important for them to take responsibility and watch after this little human who might have seen terrible things in her life. Aria was quiet for what felt like hours before they could hear small sniffles coming from beneath all that reddish brown hair. Immediately the three of them swarmed her, Castiel lifting her into his arms as Sam smoothed her hair back and Dean wiped the tear tracks. They could see how confused and hurt she looked before she buried her face into Castiel's shoulder, a sob being muffled by the thick cloth of his trench coat. Bouncing her gently, the angel tried to soothe her by speaking in a soft tone, rubbing her back in little circles as Dean and Sam looked on helplessly.

"What can we do?" Sam asked with a hint on desperation, remembering the scream from earlier. Castiel spoke louder so that the brother's could hear him 

"Why don't we start with a meal? It is nearly three in the afternoon and I'm sure she is hungry."

From there the brothers hurried from the room and into the kitchen, and could be heard clanging pots and pans together and arguing over what she might like and what was certainly healthier ("She can't just eat pie, Dean!"). Castiel sat down in one of the chairs, seating Aria so that she was comfortable before he began to rock her, clumsily at first but gradually getting used to the motion. Aria herself had began to calm down, her tears fading until she was merely staring at the bunker wall. Her breathing had calmed down as well and she was very comfortable cradled against this stranger's chest. She had really really loved her daddy, but he had gone away, and even though it was really sad, she was really happy that he had given her to these strangers. The one with black hair was her favorite, because he wore a long coat like the detectives on TV did. Her other favorite was the super tall one because she knew he could probably give her super cool piggyback rides. The one with green eyes made her want to run away because she could tell he didn't really like her all that much and it made her uncomfy. A memory of this morning flashed before her eyes, and Castiel could feel her tense up in his arms. He looked down and saw that her eyes were pinched closed and she had put her hands onto her ears. The sight was quite cute and made him smile a bit,