Chapter 19 ~Part Four~

Aria had somehow escaped Sam's pursuit and had run into the woods next to the motel. Now she stood with her back to a tree, breathing heavily as she tried to keep her tears from spilling over. Even though she could hear Sam and then Castiel yelling for her she didn't want to go back. Dean had yelled at her. He sounded so mean when he did it that for a second she heard her aunt or one of her patrons yelling and she didn't like it not one bit. Wiping her tears from her face she gave a huff and started to walk farther away, not caring that she could barely see in the moonlight.

As she walked she began to think about everything. Why had she pushed that lady? She wasn't doing anything wrong...per say. Her nose scrunched up as she remembered them kissing and a flash of anger danced across her head before it faded. Left behind was a small glimmer of something very familiar...and sad at the same time. She began to think of Carlise and how much she had cared for him in their short time. He was cold at first, making her stay in her room and having others to attend her during the say while he watched from his favorite chair. Aria assumed she was like a pet to him but it was far better than the alternative use of a slave. Carlise had never touched her unless she asked and that was a big deal. He brought her presents every time he was away for a few days. He was kind, and he became her entire world. But now he was gone and Aria found herself forgetting the exact shape of his lips and that funny little way he said her name. Being with the boys for almost three months showed her that she had maybe not loved Carlise as much as she thought she did. Now all she could think about was them..

She loved Dean's eyes and his nose. She loved the way he always hugged her a bit too tight like she would float away, and she loved the way his hand always found hers when they were side by side.

She loved Sam's brain and sweet smile that was reserved just for her. The way his hair tickled her nose and cheeks when her kissed her forehead was her favorite start to the morning. She even loved the way he bounced his leg or tapped his fingers while focused on a case.

She loved Castiel's smell, clean but manly and always a bit sweeter than other men. His heartbeat was unusual and eased her to sleep, and his fingers ran through her hair in a way that made her eyes flutter. 

Aria loved them all. Not deep and heavy yet, but it was clearly there.

Her face began to heat up and she covered it quickly as if someone was watching and wiggled around in embarrassment.

     "....ia!" Hm? That was close by.

     "Aria!!"

It was Dean. He was standing on the ridge above her and without a second thought jumped down in front of her and grabbed her shoulders, swiftly pulling her against his chest. Aria could hear his heart racing and felt the quick movement of his chest as he tried to catch his breath. He was also shaking but it wasn't cold at all...

     "Don't ever do that again.." he choked on his words as he buried his face into her hair "You scared the hell out of me, dammit!"

Sam and Castiel soon found them, both of them worn out with worry. Castiel scolded her so much that she began to fidget, hard to do with two grown men hugging either side of you. When he was finished he scooped her up and started to walk while muttering about how it was way passed her bedtime. The Winchester boys followed them without a second thought and when they were all back into a single motel room Castiel took off her shoes and tucked her into the large bed.

     "I'm sorry I ranned away.." Aria pulled the covers to her chin "...But no more...no more girls.."

She didn't want to tell them how she felt just yet. It was confusing to her and she was worried that they didn't feel the same way.

     Dean ran his hand over his face and shook his head, giving a slight laugh "You don't have to worry about that." he promised.

With a nod Aria closed her eyes, hiding her blush in the blankets as each of them kissed her goodnight.

*****

     "You gonna tell us what all that was about?" Sam asked as he and Dean sat at the table in the motel room.

Castiel was sitting beside Aria as she slept, his hand entangled in her hair to promote good dreams. 

     With a shake of his head Dean took another sip of his beer "Nothing."

     "You're lying."

     "What makes you say that?" another sip.

     "You're a crappy liar?"

Dean heaved a loud sigh and leaned back in his chair, staring up at the ceiling. He wasn't sure if he should tell them that he was feeling things for Aria that he certainly should not feel for her specifically because half the time she acts three. But they would find out anyway and that was for sure. He leaned over the table again close to Sam, speaking in a quiet and serious tone.

     "I...I've been feeling some things."

     "Things?" Sam raises his eyebrows "What, like 'let's go visit the doctor' things or-"

     "Things man! I dunno." Dean sat up again quickly and took another agitated sip of his beer. He didn't speak but his eyes darted to Aria every so often and then he would drink.

     Sam wasn't blind "Things for...Aria?" he asked quietly.

When Dean didn't answer Sam gave a little nod and fiddled with his own bottle, his thumb running over the glass. It was all quiet again before Dean stood up and fixed his jacket this time keeping his eyes focused anywhere but at Aria's sleeping frame

     "Gonna..go to bed. Yeah. Bed." he said heading to the door.

     "It's not wrong."

It was Castiel who had spoken. He was looking down at Aria with soft eyes as he continued "It's not wrong to love her as she is."

Dean didn't say anything. He only left the room.