15. Cotillion (part 2)

•Sierra•

The music was loud as we walked in to main section of the cotillion.
We moved to the side as horned signaled Mal's entrance to the party.
"The future lady, Mal!"
We all looked up to the deck to see Mal in her beautiful yellow and blue dress.
Mal walked over to the former king and queen for a small conversation before making her way over to us with Evie by her side.
"Hey, how are you?" I asked a little concerned because she looked very very nervous.
"I uh feel like I'm going to throw up," Mal said looking around.
"It's okay, we're right here with you okay?" I said as I took the hand that Evie wasn't holding in mine.
More horns were heard announcing Ben's arrival, "King Benjamin!"
The man from before moved aside as Ben walked towards the beautifully decorated staircase.
Mal walked towards her king and he bowed to her.
"Mal I wish I had time to explain," Ben said in a guilty tone.
As we looked back up at the stairs and saw Uma in a light blue gown walk down the same stairs that Mal and Ben had descended. Ben met Uma at the top of the stairs and kissed his ring on her hand, further breaking Mal's heart.
"Sorry, it all happened so fast when I was on the Isle with Uma. A connection," Ben said as he looked into Uma's evil eyes.
"What are you saying?" Mal said sounding extremely heartbroken.
"It was-" Uma cut Ben off, "It was love! I just I realized how alike Ben and I are"
"We are," Ben agreed.
"I know," Uma said smiling and looking into Ben's eyes that I noticed had small pink flecks in them, a love spell.
"You're so beautiful
"Ben! Did you go back for her?" Mal asked breaking their attention away from each other.
"He didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed and I'm an excellent swimmer so," Uma answered for him and shrugged.
Uma took Mal's hand, "Mal, I just really wanna thank you, I do. For everything." She pulled her into a hug and the heart break was evident on her face much like when I found out about Carlos and Jane.
"Don't you see Mal, you were right! You knew that we weren't meant to be together that's why you never told me that you loved me," Ben said putting his hand on Mal's shoulder, "thank you."
Ben and Uma began to waltz and everyone else awkwardly stood around or very confused.
"Not too thrilled I risked my life for him!" Carlos spat with venom dripping from his words.
Lonnie walked over to Mal as we pulled her away, "We're with you Mal."
The beast and Belle watched confused.
We all left with a very sad Mal when the Beast stopped us, "Mal! We're so sorry honey we had no idea. We're gonna talk to him," they said trying to help in the current situation.
"Lumière! Unveil the gift they need to see it!" Jane yelled as she ran up the steps before us.
"And now for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece designed especially for his lady," the horns sounded again before a curtain fell revealing the stain glass window Ben had made for Mal.
Everyone stopped to admire the beautiful work of art.
"Ben made that?" Mal asked surprised.
"Yeah he did," I said staring at the masterpiece.
"Guys, Ben's known all along who I was
"He loves you the real you Mal," Evie spoke up
Uma stormed over to Lumière angrily, "cover that back up!" She demanded
"I will not," He said offended by her command.
"Um- uh why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me Ben?" Una said looking around at everyone nervously.
"Right, I have an announcement, Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady-" his father cut him off, "Son-" Ben cut him off.
"Not now dad!" He yelled and looked conflicted.
Everyone looked genuinely surprised, I looked up at Carlos and whispered into his ear, "Ben's under a love spell."
He looked down at me and then whispered to Evie and Jay the same thing I told him.
"So as my gift to her, I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all!" Ben finished striking fear and shock into everyone. "Ben's been spelled!" Mal said out loud for everyone to hear.
"Mal, Uma found your spell book!" Evie said to Mal
Mal walked over to Ben slowly, "Ben, Ben. Look at me."
"No look at me, you Love me remember!" Uma tried to keep him under her spell
They each tried to convince the king to look into their eyes but he finally listened to Mal.
"Bring down the barrier now!" Uma yelled to the Fairy Godmother.
"I do not take orders from you!" FGM shouted back
"Ben I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough, and I thought that there was only a matter of time before you realized that yourself but Ben. But that's me! I'm part Isle and part Auradon!" Mal spoke to him with tears welling up in her eyes.
"Ben! Eyes over here," Uma tried to distract him from Mal's sincere words.
"You've always known who we were and who we can be. Ben, I know what Love feels like now, of course I love you. Ben I've always loved you!" Mal said right before she kissed him breaking the spell.
After they broke apart a smile spread onto his face, "Mal."
"True loves kiss, world every time," I said looking over at Carlos.
Uma reaches for the wand, "Give it to me!" She screamed at FGM
"No! No, guarde seize her!" FGM yelled for help.
Uma tried to jump overboard but Mal stopped her, "No don't please! Uma I know you, you are so much more than just a villain. And you have to believe me because I've been there. Do not let your pride get in the way of something that you really want!" Mal tried to convince her to stay and become good like the rest of us but her necklace started glowing.
She looked Mal in her eyes and jumped overboard causing a splash in the water and all we could see for the moment was the glow of the shell necklace.
Soon giant Uma emerged from the water with octopus tentacles.
"True love's kiss won't defeat this! The world will know my name!" She shouted as she moved around in the water and flung one of her tentacles at the boat's side almost hitting Carlos which made my eyes glow purple. She continued to swing at the boat until Mal and I decided in that moment that we were going to put an end to this, Mal transformed into a giant purple dragon and I turned into a Phoenix.

 She continued to swing at the boat until Mal and I decided in that moment that we were going to put an end to this, Mal transformed into a giant purple dragon and I turned into a Phoenix

We took flight and started to attack Uma who was below in the water.
I threw a fireball at her only to skim one of her tentacles causing her to swing at me with another which I easily dodged as I flew past and fired again, Mal doing the same.
I almost hit her when she disappeared underwater and brought a huge wave back up with her. Hitting me causing my fire on my skin to sizzling out for a short period of time before Ben jumped into the water and began to speak, "Mal, Sierra, Uma! Calm down!" Ben yelled trying to get us to end the fight.
"What are you gonna do Ben? Splash me?" Uma cackled in her giant form.
"This has gotta stop! It isn't the answer! The fighting has gotta stop!" He yelled turning to Mal and I, "nobody wins this way, we've gotta listen and respect each other! It won't be easy but let's be brave enough to try, Uma I know you want what is best for the Isle! Help me make a difference!" Ben pleaded trying to end the big monster fight. As Uma went to moved her tentacles closer to Ben, Mal started growling loudly in a warning to Uma. She placed Ben's ring into his hand and swam off into the deep sea. The boys let the ladder down for Ben. Mal and I landed on the deck, I landed next to Carlos after I turned back into my regular form with a new gown on.

I turned to Carlos, "I had no idea you could do that!" He said with shock and adoration in his tone:"Well that makes two of us, because I had no idea either but if it alway comes with a new dress, you'll see it often!" I smiled up at him before pr...

"Well that makes two of us, because I had no idea either but if it alway comes with a new dress, you'll see it often!" I smiled up at him before pressing a soft kiss to his lips.
We all crowded together
"I owe you guys big time!" Ben stayed as we all laughed, "if there is anything that you need-" Evie cut him off.
"Actually, there is Ben. I know a girl who'd really love to come to Auradon." She said as she moved a little closer and I knew exactly who she was talking about, "it's Drizella's daughter Dizzie. She's like a little sister to me," Evie said thinking about the young girl stuck on the Isle.
"Then She should come," Ben said simply.
"Okay, okay great! Actually Um- there's a lot of kids who'd really love it here in Auradon, kids like us that really deserve a second chance. Can I maybe get you a list?" Evie asked politely trying to get more VKs to Auradon.
"Yes, yes! Please," Ben said taking her hand into his.
Everyone around clapped
"Lady Mal, we found your spell book below deck. Uma had it," a man said handing Mal her stolen book.
"Oh uh- you know this seems like the kind of thing that belongs in the hands of Fairy Godmother," Mal said holding the book.
"Yup that's me," FGM said walking over to us and waiting to be handed the book.
"This belongs in a museum," Mal sis handing over the book.
"It does, yes." She said as Mal handed her the book and she left.
"I'm not going to be needing it anymore," Mal finished looking Ben in his eyes right before she splashed him.